or Connect

Posts by bunty

Yep, I've just re-read it too, my mistake - that's how myths are spread! Thanks MoM, I didn't know you cared!
Quote: Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery Blimey, where do you dig these things out from, bunty? Anyhow the pic below (thanks Alex)... ... is a low quality photo of a photocopy from the Radio times 4th Dec 1969. Do I recall that someone was querying the appearance of Fred Perrys until 1970? Although the definition in the photo is very poor and I can't see any logo, I would say that the bloke third from left is wearing an FP, and maybe even the...
Steptoe and Son (1970) (Just the first 30 secs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PQq8...yer_detailpage
Some more photos from '71. Arenal July 71 Arenal July 71. I think buttons on the collars are undone to make them 'flip out'? Arenal July 71
What strikes me is that for about 4 years (66-70) 'the look' was relatively similar, then all of sudden it goes t*ts up! What happened?
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart But Lasttye would say it died in 1970/71 September 1971 Pretty dead I'd say! BTW Are those strides 'bags'?
Quote: Originally Posted by Alex Roest Nigel Mann in "The Soul Stylists": The first time I saw a Skinhead was when Chelsea came to play Leicester in 1968. Tons of them showed up. I was absolutely fascinated by their dress, their style. Within a week we all had our hair cropped and barbers had never been so busy. It's hard to convey just how different things were in the '60's and '70's. Fashion emanated from London and the further afield you lived the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery You know, this is probably the first time I have ever looked at it this way. We were a culture to ourselves. We didn't look outside. We were a sub-culture, if you like. We took no great influences from outside (apart from a bit of the mod ethos maybe) and we had no great message for anyone on the outside. We were who we were, we did what we wanted to do. I guess you could say we were...
In an article which I pm'd to MoM, written in 1972, (I'll post it if you like) it stated that the only heroes that Skinheads had were footballers. Unlike the Mods, who had say, The Small Faces or even at a push The Who, or the Rockers - Elvis, Gene Vincent etc. Skins had to take influence from each other, 'pop culture' meant sweet FA to them. (paraphrasing a bit ) What do you reckon? Did you have 'faces' Roy?
Fantastic photo! Like the bottom suit jacket button being undone.... You all know this, but it'll interest others..... Q: Why doesn't one button the bottom button on a suit or waistcoat? Posted by stephen hughes on May 13, 2010 at 12:39pm in Mod Style View Discussions A: (from WikiAnswers.com) The tradition of leaving the bottom button of a coat undone started as a fashion choice. Coats are designed to flare away at the bottom, since the hips are (generally) broader...