or Connect

Posts by bunty

^ That's got to be a diy job hasn't it? My sis in law and her mate used to cut each other's hair (neither was a hairdresser) in the 'short haired mod girl cut' - like Julie Driscoll's. She used to sellotape the feathery sides to her cheek at night in an attempt to make them flat! Pocket hanky is it then. Didn't know that 'square' was American. Even though 'hanky' reminds me of a snot-ridden cloth in the pocket of my grey school shorts! Great MoM - can we do anything?
Great, thanks chaps, knew you'd all know....you should write a book! (can't bloody wait for it)
Back to pocket squares......Found some silk pocket squares and ties, some ties are polka dot with a matching pocket square, like it's part of a set, others matched by colour - these are pre-skin right? Did everyone wear these in the 60s or are they a mod thing? See nearly all plain white hankies in photos from the time (late 60s) that's all.
The Styleforum hippies are trying to freak us out !
Not me Brownie, chip something up for us mate Were you old enough for the Stax & Volt tour in '67?
Quote: Originally Posted by browniecj I agree with Brideshead,Mate.Well done! Top hole MoM, thanks!
I thinks it was MoM who mentioned the difference in music played at northern and southern clubs - Page 107 Page 108 Black Music In Britain - Edited By Paul Oliver (1990) Open University Press Celtic Court 22 Ballmoor Buckingham MK18 1XW By the way...... Please watch from 8.35 to 8.50 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAR4M...yer_detailpage
Youth Culture In Modern Britain, c.1920-c.1970 David Fowler 2008 Palgrave Macmillan page 8 page 134 I'm not sure if the above is relevant but I thought it was a good point. In '65, Mod was big business and so went underground again ? (I think that's what is being hinted at.)