or Connect

Posts by bunty

Great photo of the Hare Krishnas, where did you find that Roy? And as for the impressive detective work, bloody hell Just a silly thing, but the local Skinheads in this neck of the woods wore three piece suits, I don't know how 'usual' this was though and with them 'St Georges' (as MoM called them) arm garters to keep the sleeves just the right length. On the waistcoats they used to wear a fob watch, I've never heard of this before? Teds used to do it too didn't they? I...
Thanks Roy, love to, let me know when - it'll be a good laugh again.Hope the knee's ok Brownie, what did you do? Bloody greasers was it? Hello Bantam
What were those bloody awful, mid 70s jeans called, very lightweight denim, sky blue in colour with embroidery on the back pockets? Now, I had those! ('let down' a million times with white lines around the bottom of the leg too, cool eh?)
On the subject of boots and shoes, I've read on here, think it was a post by Roy, that his boots were not 'bulled' in the 60s and that any type were acceptable (Army surplus/work boots etc.) Also that he wore his sta prest with a small turn up? I couldn't picture it, then I found this... (Present day skins look away ) Mods at Brighton April 1965 The fella on his own looks totally different to all the others, good lad. Top post Buttons
Great photo Noddy, any idea where/year?
Photo and text posted on 'The Mod Generation' website by Charles Murphy 'The cool dude with the square shades on is our Fitzy's big brother Edward, this one of the photos from the legendary "Frankie Vaughan And The Easterhouse Gangs" video in '68. They were called "The West Rebels" A cracking photo.' [VIDEOhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HdeKrF4vINc][/VIDEO]
Another great find, nice to see a playground with a 'Witch's hat' again Buttons - Thanks for posting the photos of your Harry Fenton shirt. I was pretty sure that I had one as a kid (from a charity shop in the 80s) and looking at your pics, it was too, the yellowy/mustard one as stated ...you could find tons of original stuff if you weren't too proud to rummage through rails in an Oxfam shop.
Great find mate.Scooters here, Just outside North London. The red bus routes terminated here and to go 'out' any further you had to get a 'green line' (less frequent). I've been told that scooters later on were functional, with none of the customising of the early 60s. Mick had a tatty old Li that he was really embarrassed about (used to leave it round his mate's house- not because it was such an eyesore, but because my dear old mum would worry herself sick if she knew...
Hello mate,I think Colin said it was Brixton, It jogged memories here, pretty sure that was correct, definitely 'other side of London'When I asked what the 'type' was, I only got 'American bomber jacket (brown) like Steve McQueen wore in 'The Great Escape'. (The epaulets were removed though) I reckon this was an A2....however I was informed that you could also get A1 bombers too, but personally preferred the 'collared' one.The 'suede jerkin' photo was this jacket (taken...
Hello Sssssnake, no, I wasn't at Skeggy in '69, my brother and his wife (in photos) were - I was only 5 unfortunately.