or Connect

Posts by Ambulance Chaser

Not a Raiders fan, but looking forward to them getting revenge on the Patriots in the playoffs for the Tuck Rule game. If the Pats make it that far.
Sorry to hear that. I sent my GO PanoMaticDate out for a full factory service through Wempe and it took about eight weeks.
I thought 2:1 was standard for Manhattans?My recipe:2 oz. Rittenhouse Rye BIB1 oz. Cocchi Torino sweet vermouth0.5 oz. Luxardo Maraschino liqueurhalf spoonful Luxardo Maraschino cherry syrupdash orange, aromatic bittersStir and serve in a rocks glass with a big ice cube and a Luxardo Maraschino cherry
My sister recently moved to a block away from Drinkwater's. A sign?
One of the best-known bartenders in DC uses a 1:1 ratio with chilled Plymouth gin.It warms my heart to see knowledgeable posters use a decent amount of vermouth and orange bitters, which greatly improve the martini. They don't make it good for me -- I'm a Manhattan guy.
Liked the navy rollneck so much that I bought the camel one late last night. Sorry fellow mediums, you snooze, you lose.
Just received the peacoat. As nice as I remembered -- like a big, comfy sweater. No surprise that so many retailers (Gentry, Porter, Korshak, Barneys) are carrying it.
I haven't smelled an MFK scent that I disliked. Although I wonder how and where I would wear Absolue Pour Le Soir . . .I like and own Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, an elegant and masculine rose scent. The other standout to me is Masculin Pluriel, a modern interpretation of the classic barbershop scent.
I'm saving my pennies, so I limited my Black Friday haul to the navy GRP rollneck sweater and the tan Il Micio belt. I highly recommend both.
I don't think you can do better than FragranceNet.