or Connect

Posts by tesuquegolfer

I work at a place with over 10,000 employees and you might find 20 people wearing a suit on any given day, usually when a bigwig is in town. It is actually pretty comical to see what some of these guys wear when they do dress up. I bet some dig up the suit they wore 10+ years ago for graduation and it hasn't been cleaned and no longer fits but they just don't care. It is a campus like setting with lots of remote dilapidated buildings and more PhDs than any place on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crat I myself like the overall color scheme but is the right jacket sleeve an inch shorter than the other, or is it the pose? Glad to see the jeans with balmorals so I can see how they look, I like. I love the AE Strand in Walnut and keep coming close to pulling the trigger but wonder how they will look with a more casual outfit, maybe now I'll go for it.
Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier I think you'd have been better served by a solid navy suit here. The scale of the stripes on the shirt and suit look too close to my eye. I felt exactly the same thing and wondered if I were alone in this thought.
My old set up for about 5 years, is 15 degree 3 wood, 19 degree hybrid, and 5-LW. I use the 3 wood off of the tee on short par 4s or on 2nd shots on par 5s when I have room for error. I use the hybrid for 195-225 yds by shortening the swing or choking up. My irons cover about 10 yard gaps from 80-195 then I feel my way from less than 85 with a choked LW or short swing SW depending on the trajectory, wind, or uphill/downhill green. I try to mention my handicap (4) only...
Quote: Originally Posted by Achilles_ I was reading an article in Golf Digest about pro's who recommend a 54 and a 58. Anyone tried this? I guess if you are only going to carry 3 wedges that is fine. However, there is a little more of a gap between the PW (~47 degrees) and 54. I feel that ams carry too many woods and/or long irons. Once a person is 190 yds from green, accuracy and distance control goes way down. As a 4 hdcp I feel like...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive You don't like the wind? I quite enjoy trying to make shots in it. The challenge gets old especially when it is all the time. I bet this is the first time in 4 months that we haven't had 10+ mph winds and a lot of the time it has been 20+. Our spring here in NM usually has a lot of wind.
Played like crap this weekend but it's still early in the year. However, the views from our NM golf courses are great and it was a beautiful day, 75 degrees w/ 10% humidity, and NO wind!
Quote: Originally Posted by Tim_Whatley if you had nothing shorter than a pitching wedge, and could only afford one wedge, what lofted wedge would you get. if you had nothing between a 3 wood and a 3 iron would you get a 5 wood or a hybrid (what degree)? just curious. 56 degree Vokey. Typically a PW is ~47 degrees. I usually carry 52, 56, and 60. Pay attention to bounce, too little (4-6 degrees) and it can dig into the turf and sand. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakota rube This wouldn't have anything to do with your newfound interest in the LPGA, would it? It doesn't hurt that some of them look like that. Natalie is definitely easy on the eyes.