or Connect

Posts by tesuquegolfer

This winter I picked up a new HF suit and a couple of HSM sport coats after being inspired by SF and the many posters of WAYWN Part III. I am now pissed that I didn't pay closer attention to the fits, and now I feel like my fits suck and it bothers me every time I wear them. I am not sure if I am a weird build or what but I have dimples in my jacket sleeves probably one of many issues. I believe there are only a couple of tailors (100 miles away) that might be able to...
Quote: Originally Posted by allaboutshoes Does anyone offer golf shoes on the forum? I have tried many. I like the fit of the NEW Adidas Tour 360 4.0 Shoes. I buy all of my shoes on eBay. I am always surprised that they are so cheap, especially for new. However, like all shoes, people have their preferences based on fit, style, and brand loyalty. If you can afford it, get a high end shoe as it will be waterproof, have better leather, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakota rube Check your grip. Also, search here. There have been many tips posted on SF on this subject. +100 - Most people don't really understand grip. I went to Golf School a few years back and learned the most interesting thing about Golf and Physics. The first 2/3 of the balls flight is dictated by swing path and the last 1/3 is dictated by grip. Basically the first 2/3 of the ball flight is when the ball is...
I am basically pretty cheap and 95%+ of the time look for a sale even though I make a good salary. Maybe it is just due to being raised in a fairly large family with one working Blue collar parent. Anyway, I just bought a pair of AE 5th Aves for $250 and it took quite a while to pull the trigger. I need to mention that I wear dress shoes only when I choose and can be as little as 2-3 times a year. I have been trying to dress up more often and can now justify my AEs by...
I love my AE 5th Aves. I also like the Strand which I will hopefully pick up soon. I have become a real fan of the Walnut color and now don't seem to like my Black J&M bluchers much anymore.
Have you checked eBay? I have found quite a few at great prices making it easy to take the chance. Here's a perfect example:
Quote: Originally Posted by upr_crust Last post of the week - off to New Mexico tomorrow AM - see you all Tuesday. Suit - BB Shirt - BB Tie - BB (I sense a trend here) Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art Shoes - Mezlan (it's still monsoon season in Manhattan - no use in ruining good shoes). I don't care what others say about your ties, I love them! Also, glad to see you are still smilin' after that recent beat down. I am...
Quote: Originally Posted by Parker Cold and foggy May in Shakeytown. Fuzzy flannel-mohair keeping me warm. Lovin' that suit!
[quote=Cant kill da Rooster;4477553]Get your girlfriend to give you a Dior suit. I hear they are nice.
My suggestion is that you take her shopping with you and go try on lots of suits and let her pick or the one that she likes the best. If you seriously dislike her choice, you can say you prefer a previously tried suit. Hopefully you will enjoy the experience and come to some middle ground that you both can live with and you can truly be grateful and appreciative of the gift. If not, and it turns into a fight and resentment..., start looking to get out of the...