or Connect

Posts by tesuquegolfer

Interesting banter. I work for a Staff Augmentation Contractor where we have admins thru PhD Scientists, and everything in between that are hourly. It is the nature of our contract to a "Contractor to the US Government". We can not be salaried as we have to charge and account for every hour we work, and we get 1.5 * for OT even at $90/hr. We are probably paid at 0-50% above our counterparts depending on the situation which is very inconsistent. I have worked side by...
In 2001 I took a job as a contractor to a large company and my hourly wage was $51/hr with no benefits. I was considered a Sr. Project Controls Engineer (support to a Project Manager w a BS in Business Information Systems) but I wasn't really Sr. which concerned me, I had 7-10 yrs of general experience in the field. It was a game that the contract company played as they new the they could charge more for Sr. people and make more money. It was a win/win even though I was...
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin It is a beautiful Friday in New Orleans. We had some nasty weather roll through yesterday (an EF3 tornado about 15 miles from my house, very rare intensity for Louisiana) and it cleared out the humidity. So, I decided to have some fun today. Yeah, I know the fit on the SC is not perfect, but it is unlined linen, and the rumples seem to work. Have a good one! Mike These pictures give me the...
Quote: Originally Posted by upr_crust You should be very careful what you wish for, oh Spoo-meister . . . I think I have seen Crusty wear a tie with the same pattern as that rug!
ALL OF THEM!
I consider myself to be very fortunate and am on a 4 - 9 hr day schedule w/ every Friday off. I get paid well enough to be able to work 90% time and still can afford the things I want. That 3 day weekend has made life bearable for me and I recommend it to anyone that can swing it. I work as a Project Controls Engineer and Project Manager for a contractor to the Federal Government. I have been working at this site for 19+ years, although in various positions. However,...
Quote: Originally Posted by .bishop that's a real thorough school, what school was it. i would love to take a class like that. I do a lot of my shot shaping with just the swing paths, but haven't really altered my grip. It was Resort Golf Schools in Scottsdale. I went to McCormic Ranch as I like their facility best. I went about 10 years ago for a 2 day class. It was 6 hrs a day plus all of the golf you could play after class. It was a good...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfador I really like my Ecco golf shoes, their Golf street shoes are nice too. I have heard a lot of good things about Ecco but I just don't care for their styling.
I have the following item listed on eBay: NEW Allen Edmonds Delray Chili #1298 sz 10-10 1/2 B US for $89.95 + SH. As stated, they are brand new and not seconds. You can't beat the price if they are your size. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater "Are you a homosexual?" As Bill Murray said in the movie Stripes when asked the same question, "Do you mean Flamming? No... but we are willing to learn."