or Connect

Posts by tesuquegolfer

[quote=upr_crust;4558523]An experiment - my first seersucker suit. Nice suit and combo there Crusty. I have had my eye on a seersucker but even though the SW is close to the South, seersuckers are rare here. In fact they are not even stocked at our best Dept Store. I am on my way to the Caribbean and will hopefully stumble on some nice linen, etc. Well done!
I have a BRAND NEW (NOT SECONDS) pair of Allen Edmond Strands in Walnut size 10D, MSRP of $295 listed on box. They are the #5 last and they come in original box with shoe bags. I ordered a new pair in a narrower width. Price is $240 via PayPal with FREE and quick shipping to US. Please PM me - first come first served.
Tread lightly. The big boss might be offended that you are questioning his judgement if he hired the guy. In time, your new manager will more than likely show his ignorance or lack of knowledge. If it ends up becoming more of a problem, you might have to look for a new job. I have worked with a lot of ignorant people and wondered how they got to the position they did and have yet to figure a way to out them. Good luck.
I was in the 3rd interview, narrowed down to 3 candidates, and I was nailing it. The position was for a Civil Engineer to head up an effort to map the entire community using GIS technology and the pay and benefits were very good. Well, my mind went blank when I was asked if I knew what AM/FM was. Well, that is a very common term, Automated Mapping Facilities Management, in the GIS industry. I think I started sweating and the look on their face went from being impressed...
Quote: Originally Posted by Grigory Thanks for the tip! I've just bought a pair of Strand walnut too. Glad I could help someone else out on a good buy. My wife probably won't be too happy but I will be!
Quote: Originally Posted by jawzzy Wow, Allen Edmunds fifths!? This whole time I've been looking for something cheaper than seconds, like thirds, but I had no idea AE sold fifths! Someone alert Vox! If you were serious, 5ths is short for the 5th Avenues style. If you were being funny, ha ha I get it!
Quote: Originally Posted by PTWilliams Hows this: RLPL shirt Brioni tee Hermes shorts Cole Haan shoes Advice appreciated. Would that be a black belt with brown shoes? My golfer tan is too bad to go sockless making it difficult for me to dress up my shorts.
Good deal on eBay for new AE Strands $199 at http://cgi.ebay.com/ALLEN-EDMONDS-SH...item76c04ead88. I just bought a pair of walnut that I have been waiting on for a while. Seller has a positive feedback rating and you can't beat that price very often.
I think it is like so many other things, are you in the company of your peers? I work for a fairly large company of 12,000 plus employees and it an extremely casual work environment. People rarely wear a SC or Suit and usually it is a bad fit and the tie/color combinations just looks bad. Anyway, back to shorts, a lot of people wear shorts and tee shirts. I have worn shorts for 15+ years for 6 months of the year but I have always worn nicely pressed shorts with polo...
I got a pair of AE 5th Aves in Jan. from an online store for ~$265 but I had to sign up for their emails. That was the cheapest I found at the time. AE outlets will ship you seconds and the price for 5ths was $199 at that time. I don't know if that included shipping and they can be returned if you don't accept the defect and pay for return shipping. There is a guy selling any AE "first quality" for $235-$245 no tax inc. shipping here on the SF at...