or Connect

Posts by tesuquegolfer

Love my new Allen Edmonds 5th Avenues in Walnut. Balmorals but I think they go with Jeans nicely. I got mine at Bodell's Shoes Rx (http://www.shoesrx.com/) for about 20% below retail for signing up for their on-line newsletter. If you are patient you might find them on eBay too.
I am Project Controls Engineer (support to a Project Manager) at a DOE National Lab. Interesting stuff at times, other times just a job to pay the bills. A campus type atmosphere with lots of PhD scientist that are more interested in function over form. Basically minimal to no style around here!
I have an 05 S4 in Silver and I hate that the mirrors blend with the paint color. They contrast nicely with Black and Grey. I like the way the silver mirrors say, "I am an S4." The other way is as I fly by in an seemingly innocuous sedan!
New Allen Edmonds 5th Aves!
Just got these AE 5th Aves yesterday and I love them. They were back ordered for about a month and I was growing very impatient. However, it was worth the wait. Wearing them at home while watching TV to break them in. http://www.styleforum.net/images/smi...tar%5B1%5D.gif
I really like your color choices, especially purple, my personal favorite. It appears to me that you always put a lot of thought into it. I don't get the opportunity to dress up much given my place of work which is very laid back, but I am inspired to dust off some of my fancy duds. Keep up the good work!
Great input. I just bought some walnut AE Fifth Avenues and wondered about wearing with my navy suit. I also think about wearing them with some grey flannels. The AE web site lets you see how shoes look with various slacks and I think the walnuts look pretty good with most of them. I don't think they would work with the grey slacks if worn with a black sport coat as I would want to wear a belt to match the shoes which would clash with the coat.
Quote: Originally Posted by csc67 I currently own the AE Ashland (last 4) and Chester (last 3) in 8D - Both of these lasts are the widest in the ball/toe area - I recently ordered the Strand in a 8D which was way too tight, then tried a 8D in the McNeil, which was also tight. Really wanted the Strand and someone suggested I try a 1/2 size smaller and 1 size wider since the strand last (# 5) is long and narrow - The 7.5E Strands are a perfect...
I just bought my first AEs, Walnut 5th Ave. and am now excited about buying more. I wear a 10 b/c in most shoes but the #5 last put me in a 9.5 D. I was a little concerned about crowding so I moved up to a 10C, the 10B was fairly tight. I will see how it works out once they are broken in a little. I don't have the luxury of trying on different last types with no store near me. I am finding some great deals on eBay but don't want to get something that doesn't fit...