or Connect

Posts by tesuquegolfer

Quote: Originally Posted by ter1413 so just send out an e-mail thanking the company and people, etc. +1
Quote: Originally Posted by gregaz Love the PS!
Quote: Originally Posted by Navi Very warm today, so the blazer came off really fast. New shirt too, love the collar I am opposed to anything other than black trousers with black shoes. I might wear navy or grays if I didn't own tan/walnut.
Keep in mind that you won't see much of your attire with the gown on. I would pick a tie that stands out, paying close attention to making a stellar knot, and a shirt contrasting the black gown. You might save the sport coat for later, if you intend to wear one, as those gowns can be warm. Best of luck and congratulations on this milestone. Because you are on this forum indicates to me that you are interested in how you look. Pay attention to what SFers are wearing...
Quote: Originally Posted by billsayers The scientists I have been around seem to think dressing up means tucking their polo shirt into their wrinkled Dockers. Polo shirts and Dockers, WOW, classy crowd of scientist you work with. I work at a place that is said to have more PhDs per capita than any place in the world and I can attest to the fact that they use function over form as their dress code mantra. Sorry for the generalization to any...
Quote: Originally Posted by mordecai And nice views: Thanks for the quote and hopefully posting made you again appreciate what you have, nice by the way!
Quote: Originally Posted by xchen I tie it like that on purpose because I prefer to downplay the formality a bit. And as far as the consensus I've never really been one to give a damn about the consensus on this forum. However, worth noting is that someone told me my double monk had come unbuckled at the wedding... Touche! I appreciate that you adhere to your own style and choice. I sometimes question what others are saying here on this...
Quote: Originally Posted by upr_crust For today's posting, from outer layers to inner (well, not the non-exposed layers ): Overcoat - Adolfo, cashmere Scarf - Fortnum & Mason, silk brocade lined in navy cashmere Hat - Selentino Suit - Brooks Bros., fabric Vitale Barberis Canonico Shirt - Charles Tyrwhitt Sea Island cotton Tie - Paul Stuart Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art bookstore Braces (not seen) - New & Lingwood, London Socks -...
Quote: Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES jumped on brown macneil and Walnut Augusta 208 Not bad Where'd you score that deal? I have been looking for some McNeils in Walnut. I love my AE Fifths and my next choice is a pair of Strand's also in walnut.
I have been complaining about the lack of style and men's clothing where I live and someone said at least you don't live... It made me think of why I live where I do and what are the good things that I do have. So, please post things you like about where you live/work. I live in norther NM where we have incredible views of the mountains which are a short drive away. I enjoy skiing within an hour of my house and we have very nice golf courses for less than $75 also...