or Connect

Posts by tesuquegolfer

Sorry for the crappy phone pictures yet again. Hopefully people get the gist and can comment on matches. Cashmere Blend Houndstooth SC BB Flannel Trousers Nordstrom Oxford Cloth Shirt SW Design Ranger Buckle on Eel Skin Belt Tag Heuer Link Watch AE 5th Aves BCBG Tie Cremieux PS
I am actually a little depressed having been a SF member for about 6 months now. I thought I had some pretty good fits but after seeing WAYWRNIII and comments, I now feel a little crappy every time I wear my older SCs and suits. As for my newer ones I still feel like I didn't get a good fit even though I looked closer at some details mentioned on SF. I was fit by people that had sold suits for more than 20 years. After a few wearings I keep finding little details that...
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel my wife says I don't need this, but I do sure want it [[SPOILER]] me too!
Quote: Originally Posted by upr_crust As if I need more cufflinks, but, these are always calling to me . . . http://www.longmire.co.uk/categoryRe...ID=683&tID=423 Actually looking for my first pair to go with my "first" FC shirt, an Ike Behar I got recently.
Here's a video about Bob Kramer http://blog.makezine.com/archive/201...th-bob-kr.html, one of only 114 world wide Master Knife makers. What impressed me most is that he hammered his knife through a steel bolt or something similar and it didn't damage the edge at all. His knives are $2500+ but are a work of art and last a lifetime.
Quote: Originally Posted by foodguy those japanese knives are really brittle. and they are really hard to sharpen. honestly, if you're a beginning to intermediate cook, you'll probably be MUCH happier with wusthoff. and, i have to confess, i cooked with a friend's henkel over the weekend and didn't hate it. those knives are tough, easy to sharpen and will do 98% of what any reasonable person could want a chef's knife to do. +10. I have...
I like to tell how much I paid, or more accurately, how much I saved. For example, I tell people I got my beautiful $1500 Hickey Freeman suit at 70% off for ~$450. I make a good living but I just have the hardest time paying retail, especially for higher priced items. I got a pair of AE Park Ave shoes on sale for $295 from AE direct. I had to look online for a better deal and ended up buying a pair of 5th Aves for $245. I am all about the deal, I spent way too much...
Great question that I myself have been pondering lately. I have had to dress up a few times lately for a new job which caused me to look at my wardrobe. I had adequate goods for as infrequently as I dress up, my work environment is very casual and I have typically worn shorts and a polo 6 months of the year. Anyway, I got excited to dress up so I went shopping and ended up going overboard with a new suit, 3 new SCs, 10 new dress shirts, 10 new ties, 10+ new socks, and...
Born casual shoes and Duchamp socks.