or Connect

Posts by tesuquegolfer

I really wanted the original look and was worried that the Chili was going to be too dark. However, I felt like the natural wasn't going to do much so I bit the bullet and went with the Chili after looking at many walnut shoes in the store. I am pretty happy with the final result. You can really see the difference between the raw and Chili version but I think it works on the 5th which is a dressier shoe than say a more casual shoe. I really love the natural look on the...
Two coats. I will probably apply occasionally so they hopefully don't get that splotchy look again. If the do I will try the Renomat product I have heard about as that sanding process was time consuming.
Edge Dressing Application: I forgot to mention that I masked the shoe prior to applying the edge dressing. It saved me when the dressing came out pretty quickly one time and got on the tape instead of the shoe. However, I didn't use the painter tape as I was out, and the masking tape I used took off some of the color when I removed it after about 10-15 minutes. I was severely PO'ed to say the least. However, I applied some conditioner/cleaner and brushed like crazy...
Here are some before and after pictures of my AE 5th Aves regarding edge dressing. In a previous post I had asked for advice on fixing a splotchy edge dressing on the natural edge after about a years wear. I was afraid to apply new over the existing, so I sanded them down. I found that 600 grit paper clogged quickly and wasn't very effective. I used some 150 grit paper being careful not to nick the uppers. It took a little time but came out pretty good. I used Chili...
Here are my AE 5ths with the encouraged high shine toe. I really like the effect so much better than before. I wasn't having much success but then added a little water and bang. I will soon be posting my before and after where I sanded the edge to remove blotchy dressing then reapplied, stand by for those pics and story.
Here are my AE 5ths with a new high shine on the toes. The socks are unmarked and my memory is lacking. Pants are by Nicklaus.
So I am searching the Bay last week for a deal on some AEs and I come across some Aberdeens in 10B with one low bid. I try to do some searches on the fit/size on a number 2 last and figure I'll just give them a try with a low bid. If I win I figure I can always sell them again if they don't fit. Lo and behold, I win them with a bid of $61.00 and $9.99 for shipping. The have supposedly been worn once and come without trees or a box, what a steal. I wear a 10C in the 5...
I remember a 8mm Easter movie of me in about 1966 when I was almost 5 and I was wearing a suit , red tennis shoes, and a bow tie. I don't think I owned anything other than a sport coat which I bought for my sister's wedding in 1984. I bought my first suit in 1988 when I got my first professional job. I wore business casual with a tie and an occasional suit for about 4 years. However, I haven't had to wear a suit in the last 20 years as I work in a very casual...
I went a little narrow on mine so the heel wouldn't lip as I have a narrow heel. I tried one size wider but my heel slipped. So, for me the best fit shows a gap. Fit is the most important thing too me.
AE Strand with a sock showing my favorite past time!