or Connect

Posts by Harper

Funny thing is the Barney's online warehouse sale is a bit of a rip-off. Prices are absolutely the same as they've been over the last couple of weeks except now all sales are final and shipping is only free after $150. You really do need to wait for those last few days of the sale when they layer on those extra discounts.
I purchased a RLBL suit from the mansion a couple of years ago and figured I would have them tailor it. I requested working button holes but asked if they would do a basted fit on the sleeves before installing the buttonholes as it was my first experience there. The results were good news/bad news. First I put the pants on and my requested slight break was pretty full. Then I try on the jacket and sleeves are way too long. I also notice to my horror that the buttons are...
I've gone the other way. I injured my foot running last September so I'm doing much less cardio but continued lifting weights and I've gone from a 40 to a 42 without the cardio to keep me lean. I know I can let out the sides to gain a little extra room but the problem lies with the shoulders. I have a lot of suits that measure 18-18.25 inches across the back and I now need a minimum of 18.5 inches (18.75 seems ideal) to maintain a proper fit. I've actually just started...
FWIW - I'm sitting on a pile of clothes that need to be altered and was leaning towards either LNC or Stanton due to the reviews here, but it just seemed crazy to go to Chinatown or the LES when I'm in Midtown. When I read about the Panta sale at Cego I figured I would just bring some stuff into Cardelino as it's across the street. He hemmed 3 trousers and one pair of jeans (trousers =$15/jeans =$18) and also took the seat in on one of the trousers and didn't charge me....
I agree. Particularly because we are the beneficiaries. This was my first exposure to Ed's stuff (as well as Carl's for that matter) and it was all very impressive. I ended up snagging a couple of beers as well as a couple of ties from Ed and, in retrospect, regret sticking to my self-imposed "two ties and two ties only" limit. Sure beat digging through mounds of ties at the Warehouse sale.
I also found them pretty similar but I much preferred the fit of the main line to the 1220. One thing I have noticed is that I find the fabrics much nicer on the main line than on the 1220.
FWIW I purchased a pair but have yet to wear them so can't tell you how they hold up in the real world. I don't know if they are a good value at full price but at Warehouse pricing it seems about right. I really like the color - a very rich "reddish brown" - and they have that Italian flair. They fit me very well but with one caveat. I typically wear a 10 (EG and Paul Stuart) and these are marked 42.5 in the shoe and 9.5 on the box. Hope that helps.
Seems to me the IH Beatle Buster might be what you are looking for. Pretty slim but with a touch more room than the 301 (skinny straight vs skinny).
I'm not sure which I find more insulting. When I'm trying something on which clearly doesn't fit me and the SA tells me how great it looks or when I'm trying something on that fits really well and the SA says it looks great but I will need to shorten the sleeves/hem the pants, etc. as if I thought trousers were supposed to sweep the floor and jacket sleeves should fully engulf my hand. I get that many customers are clueless (I've also learned a ton here) but you would...
You may as well consider Saks and Barney's as well. Since 36S will be hard to find why not call ahead just to make sure they have stuff in stock before you waist a trip. The last time I stopped into the Zegna store on 5th they barely had any 40R's so...