or Connect

Posts by Hombre Secreto

Quote: Originally Posted by foodguy sorry hombre, i think you're way off base here. particularly when it comes to the professional kitchen. quick, name me 6 top women chefs. how about three? alice waters doesn't count because she has never really cooked. in fact, inside the profession, there's quite a little political tiff about this. now it may be true that it will never be considered as manly as, say, being a hired assassin. but it's certainly as...
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson I have honestly never noticed it. I don't mean to say that you're wrong or lying, but that our experiences must be quite different. Nobody around here views cooking as a woman's work or sissy stuff. Or at least, if they do, they never tell me about it. I've seen this mostly from small-minded men who never worked a day in a kitchen. Honestly though... when you think of bad ass jobs a Chef doesn't come to...
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson That took place 30 years ago. A lot has changed. It still takes place, but I will admit it isn't as severe now. I don't think being a Chef will ever be considered a manly job.
Quote: Originally Posted by foodguy maybe it's that picture of you with the knife? just thinking aloud... You remember... I remember reading "Heat", and Mario Batali's mom tell him to consider cooking school, an he replies: "Cooking school??? That's for fags, mom." Their is a stigma with being cook, or chef. I've heard it, and seen it with my own eyes.
Quote: Originally Posted by erictheobscure He helped popularize the notion that chefs are badasses. Huh? Most Chefs are thought of as fags. Only people who find being a cook/chef being cool for the most part are women. I don't know why... but many people perceive being a cook or chef as being sissy jobs. Far from it.
Quote: Originally Posted by BDC2823 Exhibit A: Conne has brown eyes. Now how do you feel now about this supposed "Brown Eye Dominant" study? Shots fired
I buy Hot Toys figures, or used books.
I thought tips were normal for car wash jobs.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 I'm saddened by all the guys standing around looking and heckling instead of grabbing this guy who had obviously lost his mind and letting him cool off. Guys, don't come complain about police brutality if the girl gets shot or tasered in the eye - you were there doing nothing and staring at the scene. Horrible advice. The cop would of pulled his gun out, and then the shit would of really hit the fan.
The Queen is horrible. Terrible miscast.