or Connect

Posts by Hombre Secreto

Quote: Originally Posted by foodguy i really think those who argue that america never had a culinary culture really need to spend a little more time reading older cookbooks. The first place I would recommend starting is Sheila Hibbens "American Regional Cooking." and then pick up Clementine Paddleford "How America Eats." Those were both published in the '40s/'50s (going off the top of my head here), just as post-war mobility and "scientific cooking" were...
Quote: Originally Posted by HRoi send me some money and i'll tell you if it worked + $850.00
I cook everyday. I would cook a lot more, but due to my economic handicap I could only cook so much.
Quote: Originally Posted by foodguy i really think you need to get out more. You don't think American cuisine is influenced by other cultures?
I don't think America has ever had a real "cooking culture." I mean you never really hear people talking about American cuisine. The food in our culture is mostly from immigrants with an already well established "cooking culture."
Quote: Originally Posted by word popcorn? Pretty much. I rarely use the fucking thing. Waste of fucking money...
Didn't treat them (Paternal grandparents) too well. I should of been more appreciative, and respectful. One of my regrets.
I hate Spain! Can't even congratulate them.
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter here's the deal, mercenaries are about 1000 times better trained and more disciplined than the armeis of most of latin america, Oceana and africa. but it is hard to put together anything but a very small group of mercenaries without a really good leadership - you get 200 mercenaries together its not easy to keep them from killing each other. if you get a good leader, you face the problem of controling him....