or Connect

Posts by seasquirrel

I custom ordered some Rancourt Ranger Mocs about 2 months ago. Katie at Rancourt told me their lasts now only go to EE width (I owned a EEE pair a couple of years ago that ended up going to a friend in a trade, but they don't do EEE any more). I hoped the chromexcel would give the EE enough stretch to be wide enough for me. The shoes are gorgeous, but unfortunately too tight across the forefoot. So, they're up for sale. See my signature if you're interested. Looking for a...
Hello, up for sale are my custom ordered Rancourt Ranger Mocs, in Natural Chromexcel, Unlined, with Antique Brass Eyelets, Chestnut Laces, and Vibram Honey 232 Minilug soles. Size is 11.5EE. These are beautiful shoes that should age/patina well, but unfortunately they are just too narrow for my super-wide feet. I'm sad to see these go! (Rancourt already told me their lasts don't go to EEE width) I have worn them for about 6 hours total, otherwise they're in like new...
Hello, up for sale is a pair of Adriano Goldschmeid "The Lux Khaki" tailored leg trousers, in "Cosmopolitan Gray" color, size is 31R. I bought them new from Nordstrom a few weeks ago, bought the same size as my other AG pants, wore them to work 1 day, but they are a touch small and I have too many pants, so they need to find a new home. Washed on cold 1 time, hung dry, in great condition. Cut in lightweight sateen, with a touch of stretch. More info, size specs,...
Hello, up for sale is my brown/black gingham twill buttondown collar Epaulet shirt. I bought this new from Epaulet in January of this year. I wore it to work one day, washed cold and hung dry, otherwise it's been in my closet, and needs to find a new home. I like the look and feel of the shirt, but the sizing is a touch small. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Hello, up for sale is my Blackbird Oxford OCBD, in a light blue, size is medium. I bought this made in the USA shirt new from the Seattle store just before they closed. I wore it 2 or 3 times, washed it each time on cold and hung dry, otherwise it's been in my closet. Great shirt, I'm just cleaning out the closet and noticed I haven't been wearing OCBDs much. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Great information.1) I feel you on patience with pre-ordering. As a EEE guy, I know the pain of getting cut out of pre-orders by folks with widths on the other end of the spectrum (that is, my A-C width friends) I didn't realize until recently that Alden frequently will only allow 3 widths to be ordered at a time on special orders (eg, for AoC fan shoes-- D and E are givens, so often there's only 1 non-standard width included)2) I was pleasantly surprised recently ordering...
Agreed. Nice boots!
For your consideration, this brand new in box, never worn pair of Alden Indy boots in brown chromexcel (model 403). Size is 10D. I bought these new recently from J. Gilbert as a gift, but turns out the friend has some similar boots. I can return them as store credit only, and I need to free up cash for other purchases. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!
Definitely agree with you, @REguy, that some Modifieds are more bozo than others.The camera angle I used in that pic really accentuates the bozo-nature of these cap toes! Plus, I'm EEE width, so there's no hope for sleekness here. Usually they don't seem QUITE as clownish from above, IMHO:
Thanks! They're breaking in nicely.