or Connect

Posts by seasquirrel

Me too-- just ordered the horsehide sport trainers. Thanks everyone for the advice on the extra wide options.
Is this because your feet are extra wide (like mine)?I've been wanting some EP sneakers but hesitate because of width. I notice the description says, "If you take a wide fitting (US "E"), then we recommend the Sport Trainer, as its overall shape is more accomodating for wider feet. Extra-wide customers (US "EE" & "EEE") should consider sizing up a half to allow for extra width in the toe box.""Sport Trainer" means the stingray, right?Has anyone with EE+ feet tried a "size...
Thanks for the replies! I also had this itch to pull on it, but wasn't sure what would happen so I tried to push it down a bit. Tweezers just solved the problem.
Hello gents, What is this mysterious substance creeping out of the toe of my Indy boot? It looks like plastic.
Very nice! I've been eyeing a pair of H-width Vass chukkas. Please post some pictures, if you can.
For your consideration, my brand new, never worn Alden x Context Tanker boots in shell cordovan #8. These are size 11 EE, on the Barrie last, and have commando soles. More information on the Context website I ordered these over a year ago, and they just arrived this week. In the time since I placed the order, I've switched my Barrie/Trubalance size to 11.5 EE. I already have another pair of these on order. My wait continues. My loss is your gain! I didn't even try these...
Ha! I was amazed at the conversation, too. We've come a long way in our relationship. Thanks for all the suggestions!
My wife and I were having a discussion this morning: "What are the best Alden shoes (NOT boots) to wear with raw denim and a very casual shirt (fitted T, OCBD, etc) in warm weather?" What's your vote? (this started because I had on raw denim and a casual shirt and put on some old grain LWB and she thought the shoes were too dressy for the rest of the outfit)
Hello Alden fanatics, I've been looking to replace my natural cxl longwings (show em off, @ScarsdaleVibe!), which are 1/2 size short. Moulded just sent me some natural cxl shortwings on the modified last (which fits my feet well). I'm just not sure about the white stitching. What do you think?
Hello, for your consideration is my pair of New-in-box Trickers Bourton wingtip brogue, size is 11UK, color is champagne waxy. This is on the 4444 last, standard "5" fitting/width. I impulse purchased these, but they're unfortunately a bit too tight for my extra wide feet. These were sold as "seconds" and sold directly to me from the Trickers factory (retricker on eBay). I can't see anything wrong with them, for what that's worth. Their site says, "Possible cosmetic...