or Connect

Posts by seasquirrel

Ha! I was amazed at the conversation, too. We've come a long way in our relationship. Thanks for all the suggestions!
My wife and I were having a discussion this morning: "What are the best Alden shoes (NOT boots) to wear with raw denim and a very casual shirt (fitted T, OCBD, etc) in warm weather?" What's your vote? (this started because I had on raw denim and a casual shirt and put on some old grain LWB and she thought the shoes were too dressy for the rest of the outfit)
Hello Alden fanatics, I've been looking to replace my natural cxl longwings (show em off, @ScarsdaleVibe!), which are 1/2 size short. Moulded just sent me some natural cxl shortwings on the modified last (which fits my feet well). I'm just not sure about the white stitching. What do you think?
Hello, for your consideration is my pair of New-in-box Trickers Bourton wingtip brogue, size is 11UK, color is champagne waxy. This is on the 4444 last, standard "5" fitting/width. I impulse purchased these, but they're unfortunately a bit too tight for my extra wide feet. These were sold as "seconds" and sold directly to me from the Trickers factory (retricker on eBay). I can't see anything wrong with them, for what that's worth. Their site says, "Possible cosmetic...
Hello, for your consideration is my pair of Officine Creative shortwing brogues, size 45 EU (approx 11 UK). This is in their anatomia line, and is a beautiful slightly distressed looking brown leather. I have worn these 3 times, approx 10-12 hours total. They get a lot of compliments, which is why I keep trying to wear them. But they are just a bit too snug for my extra wide feet. Ships quickly in original box. Thanks for looking!
Hello, for your consideration are my brand new in box Trickers x Frans Boone Richard Longwings, with Itshide commando soles. These on the 4444 last, standard "5" fitting/width, size is 11UK. More info on the Frans Boone website Unfortunately for me, these are a tad tight for my extra-wide feet. Ships quickly with original box and cloth shoe bags. Thanks for looking!
Hello, for your consideration are my brand new in box Trickers x Frans Boone Two Tone Super Shoes. These are on the 4444 last, standard "5" width/fitting, with Itshide commando soles. Size is 11UK More details on the Frans Boone website Unfortunately for me, these are a tad tight for my extra-wide feet. Ships quickly with original box and cloth shoe bags. Thanks for looking!
You might have seen that Quoddy is having a blucher sale right now ($229). I tried a pair of Quoddy chukkas a few years ago in their wide width, and found them a bit snug. I just ordered a pair of the bluchers in natural chromexcel in EEE width, so we'll see how those fit.
Argh, yes I feel the wide foot pain. I also found Plaza in extra wide to have a bit of that Aldo look (I tried some EE width).Do they do Grant in EE+ width? I'd love some Grant captoe boots.I love my Modified shoes, but they only do EE+ width Modified boots on special order, and those are almost never available. :-(
Hello, for your consideration is my pair of Alden hand sewn tanker boots in brown chromexcel, size 11 EE. Trubalance last, commando soles. I ordered these new through Brick and Mortar last year, and while waiting for them to be made, I decided to move up to 11.5 in Trubalance/Barrie. They arrived last week, and I wore them 1 day (maybe 5 hours) just to see if I could still do size 11, because I really like the look of the boots. But they're a tad short, so I'm selling...