or Connect

Posts by SirGrotius

Yes, and they're about guaranteed to make the playoffs easily, so no point rushing him back now.They have a really nice trajectory, with stars to superstars each spaced about 3 - 4 years apart.
I have a few SLP sweaters, and they're cut short. I'd be careful sizing down if you're tall, as it may be too cropped. My sweaters fit TTS.
Wait, who did that to your raws? They literally left it without a stitch, just ragged? I can't imagine a boutique doing this, as they should be pretty familiar with the idea of moving the original hem up. It's not that complex.What a disaster!
It's awesome. I bought two pairs, black and a greenish-gray.Skinny fit. Somehow it feels more forgiving than the 15.5 Made in Japan black denim, which I also own.There's a slight velvet aspect to it so it can have a touch of sheen, this is subtle, but makes it somewhat dressier and less old man.I wear the same size in all my SLP pants, 28, so didn't have to change anything. I had them hemmed though, as it can look a little more sloppy to have "stacks" on cords.
I had it for about a day but returned it. It's a little stiff, super tight, very cropped. It gives a great silhouette right off the rack, and I found it very rock n' roll for lack of a better term. They used to make a raw black denim one which was cooler. I always assume everything from SLP is around $900 so I didn't find it that exorbitant. The color is very rich, and the buttons have a great worn look to them, IIRC. Stitching is nice, etc. I missed not having...
That's a very sound reason to do yoga for someone such as me, who can't be bothered to "waste" time on stretching, although yoga seems to be a better use of time. I may be too a-type for it, though, reading through my last sentence.
Good call on the shoulder pads. That seems to be one of the more distinctive features of Hedi's designs these days. I have been very impressed with the canvassing and draping of the jackets. The construction is solid. They claim it's hand stitched, but I find that hard to fathom.
Oh cool, the tailor there is Ilena (IIRC). It's 50/50 whether they'll do it gratis. It'd be good to give them a call the day of or before to ensure she'll be around. If you buy in the store, there is no charge, but outside there might be a few. My guess, $100. Maybe if you buy a shirt or something at the same time they won't even charge you, but it's not an easy job to take the sleeves up. While you're there, I'd recommend they check out the top back of the jacket as...
Hi Alexander -- where are you based? All the boutiques will be able to do this, and they have great experience assuming they sell suits. Definitely get it taken up from the shoulders, not the sleeves. It's not only that you'll lose the effect of the working button holes, but you'll also lose some of the flow of the arm (i.e., it won't be as skinny) if you take it up from the bottom.IIRC, you're based in Europe, but if you're in the States, I can vouch for the tailors at...
I find foam rolling (I use a spiky hard roller) painful, especially on my quads. I do get a greater sense of limberness and maybe even ROM, although it is a pain to do it every day, and I didn't get that result until doing it consistently for a couple weeks. There are a lot of proponents of foam rolling on the net, although you will find a subset of skeptical scientists who point out some of the holes in the theory.