or Connect

Posts by SirGrotius

I have it done all the time. I don't have darts done, because I find it somewhat feminine. They just take in the sides about a half inch or inch on either side. They usually will take some in from the top of the arms, as well to keep everything even keel. I have it done at the boutiques.
It's quite versatile...if you're in a somewhat less conservative field (e.g., advertising, tech, start-up, etc.). I'm in the market-research field, so could wear it with some of my clients, not all. Obviously, perfect for going out, etc.It's fully canvassed, very solid construction. I had to get the sleeves taken up a bit (from the shoulder), buttons opened on the cuffs, and about an inch off the length since I'm 5'6". Very good feel.
I was at the 57th store yesterday, too, and they have a bevy of XS/44 items, including some pre fall. I picked up the charcoal jacket with white specks. Some of the new western shirts look great, and fit a little slimmer than the oversized phase from the past couple seasons. Sweaters look like a good mix between substantial/beefy, yet still fitted and trim.
I haven't followed OKC much before the playoffs, but they look like a different beast. What do you all think has been Billy Donovan's impact versus the Brooks regimen...or is this more a function of Adams, Kanter's growth, etc.
Slightly if you're missing Raf circa Jil 5 yeas ago.
Cool although the tiger print just makes me think of what's to come. Maybe I'm hyper sensitive.
Is anyone reading Boys Among Men by Jonathan Abrams? It's about the HS to pros leap in the NBA, basically a chronicle of various histories, dynamics behind the scenes, and some obscure but interesting interviews. It's written at about 8th grade level (to be kind), but otherwise there are some interesting tidbits and it's eye opening to follow some rags-to-riches stories in more detail. SA seems unbeatable.
The classic skinny suit (with the tapered waist) is an Hedi design. It's awesome and fully canvased. Occasionally I'll pick up a slim tie and the dress shirts, some of which are Hedi era cuts IIRC.The other distinction is the scar details on most of the knitwear, etc, and these I suppose have strayed somewhat, but generally the cashmere v- and crew necks are staples. Finally I have a slim blue blazer, that is super skinny with the tiny lapels. It's pretty amazing...
I still buy Dior many years post Hedi. That said, they have some items which stayed true to his vision and I like KVA's focus on minimalism and a dressier aesthetic on top of the lux quality of the goods.I would anticipate that I'll still buy SLP (in fact I have since Hedi's departure), although I'm more skeptical because what I have seen from Vaccarello is somewhat unseemly.
Looks outstanding. Love the jeans and jacket especially, okay, and the frayed shirt.