or Connect

Posts by Flieger

I was thinking to myself while reading this thread.. how many more posts to go before Edmorel makes 'the entrance'
Gangnam style is the youthinasia threath to our senior citizens? Sounds logical!
Amsterdams cyclists are the worst in Holland, they have no right to look down on tourists. However I think cyclist powered mobile bars do cause some issues due to drinking, which is fun but dangerous on a bike.
From fox news I understand that elderly Dutch citizens are threathened by the youthinasia but in Amsterdam we barely have issues with Young Asians?!?
Well according to Fox news Amsterdam is Amsterdam but we know it's not Amsterdam ..... Now pass me that joint Roy.
I appreciate you young muricans coming over here to experience Amsterdam. The young Brits were attracting seem to be a rather different experience for us though. Fortunately weed helps calming them down.
The city has its share of babyboomers now that make sure that anything that is actually fun gets forbidden and this has cleaned up the city significantly (positive) but it has also made the city much more provincial/boring than it used to be.
That's what I am saying man, Amsterdam is unfortunately not like that... maybe I missed the better days. The weird thing is that Fox presented it as some kind of undesirable thing.
I remember a hilarious Fox news item on Amsterdam... I work in Amsterdam and it was like they were describing some other city that sounded much more exiting to be in than in civil Amsterdam, they went on and on about out of control drug use, sex everywhere, loose women and no morals... o and random killing of old people too.
It's reported even on Dutch news sites. The rather predictible Dutch reaction is more or less that the fascination with gun violence is getting out of hand lately in the USA. We had a shooting here as well some time ago, yet this is not seen as part of Dutch culture.