or Connect

Posts by 1901

Quote: Originally Posted by NAMOR btw, if you wanted to buy a cordovan shoe during the most recent FF sale, you could have even though cordovan was taken of the site. what i did was put the shoe i wanted in my basket a few days before the sale then once the ff sale started, i was able to checkout because BB did not remove them. i only wished this worked with JCREW too awesome
You're going to want to buy a tux rather than rent. Greek life means wearing black tie 4-5 times per year. And if you choose to remain in the states, your social circles will remain largely intact post-graduation, especially with regards to formal occasions. You'll still be wearing a tux 3 times each year. However, when you're considering how much to spend and which details to select, keep in mind the fact that a very small number of people will notice, and even fewer...
Quote: Originally Posted by Despos The rise is the most difficult to adjust that much. If you reduce the rise by taking off the waistband and lowering, the pockets are too close to the waistband. If you reduce by taking in the crotch at the bottom of the seat, there is a limit to this. Trouser will be baggy. Risky purchase. Sounds like you want tailored trousers to fit you like jeans, not recommended. Noob question: Would there be any oddities...
Curios about this as well. My best-fitting dress pants are from a 39S Fitzgerald Suit. I wonder which variety of wool trousers will be closest to that fit? If I knew I'd buy a few more pair.
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...6899/16899.jsp J Crew Ludlow. No personal experience with it but I have seen it get some positive reviews around the board. Dig a little deeper and you should be able to determine if it's something you're interested in.
Good to hear you experience was positive in the end. I might have some issues with BB soon.. A little bitching: I ordered two MTO suits from BB (in a 39R, Fitzgerald cut but Suiting Essentials--I'm a recently employed college grad but still broke and conservative with my $$) in January and just got them back. Only problem is they came back as a 40R and so the fit doesn't look that great anywhere except the shoulders. They offered to do alterations to the body through...
Wish it were a tad smaller, great looking suit!
Is it best to have a tailor take down measurements for eBay reference (with regards to suits and sport coats)?
French cuffs are key.
Quote: Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde My job is so fucking unbelievable. I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with: First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of...