or Connect

Posts by Real_Politik

I'm looking for a cheap alterations place in Central-ish London to alter some cheap high street clothes. My usual places want £20-£25 to shorten a simple plain sleeve which isn't really justifiable on a £20 coat. Can anyone recommend any local/back-street places which are less expensive?
They're certainly marketed as a work boot: "The R.M.Williams Stockyard Range Tough on the land, not on the pocket. R.M.Williams is proud to introduce the latest Stockyard range, created for people working the land, day in, day out. Derived from demand, the R.M.Williams Stockyard range has been developed in conjunction with the people of the bush in order to deliver a practical, stylish and durable range at extremely competitive price points." I don't want to lose the...
Stockyard boots - finally got them worn in (lots of blisters from the vertical heel seam!). I understand that RM Williams Saddle & Leather Dressing is what's recommended to keep the original slightly waxy brown finish, but the leather isn't very tough and mine have collected a lot of scuffs, cuts and scrapes on the toe box in light "yard" use, which are very obvious due to the lighter colour exposed underneath. Any recommendations as to what to sort it with? Normal shoe...
Stockyard boots - recently received a pair which, despite great effort and use of a shoe horn, I couldn't get my feet into (ankle opening too small). Tried on a pair in the same size at the R.M. Williams store - slipped on without problem but a little snug, so tried half a size bigger - again, got them on without issue. Returned the original pair for one half a size bigger - exactly the same problem. Rather surprised there's such difference in the same size and...