or Connect

Posts by Lowly Public Servant

Quick merry xmas to all before my food coma kicks in. Hope all had a good day and Santa brought all what they wanted.........and may have needed but mostly what everyone wanted
Hi Jason I just wanted to say thanks for the ties and fantastic customer service. Four days between ordering and delivery is just brilliant and the quality is, as always, top notch. Cheers
I don't have one either but I do think people like myself are in the minority on this forum....or at at least in this particular section of the forum.
I have to agree with this. If you like to wear a tie and it is appropriate for the environment you are working in (i.e. you won't get your face ripped off if it gets caught in a large piece of machinery) then wear a tie and if asked why you are wearing a tie simply reply that you are wearing it because you like to wear ties. Confidence is key. No one will question it if you you are confident in your reply and I agree that exuding confidence will go a long way to helping...
Well, since moving to Sydney a month ago I've got to say that this place is great. I've visited often but never lived here before and now I'm wondering why I didn't make the move sooner. While I will miss a few things about Canberra, a winter's day with a temperature of 23 more than makes up for the things I've left behind. I think I'll be calling Sydney home for a good long time. One thing I've noticed is that there are lots and lots of women (and some men) wearing...
*Note* This post is totally non clothing related. Given the current state of government, budgets and lack of spending within the ACT (plus the Skywhale) I suppose it was inevitable but I've been forced to move interstate and pick up a government job (back to being a public servant). By the start of next month I will be living and working in Sydney. As such I am hoping some the Sydney guys will be able to give me a little advice on good places to live 'cause I've got very...
This has nothing to do with menswear, or clothes in general, but I do think it has a lot to do with style (i.e. the ACT government has none). I am conflicted. On one hand I am appalled that this will be flying overhead this week because quite frankly I think it is the most ugly, needlessly expensive and pointless hot air balloon ever. Conversely (and possibly perversely) I am really looking forward to seeing it grace the national capital skies, even if it is only for a...
I bought a couple at the earlier sale price. Value for money wise I think they are pretty good, better than many of the belts I've tried in the past, though I think TBM's advice is well worth considering. IMO the free shipping is what makes these decent value for money, without it I would be looking elsewhere.For anyone thinking about purchasing one I advise that you go with the cm measurements and disregard the corresponding inch measurement on the website. I bought a 34...
At least the weather would be warmer, it was 3 or 4 degrees this morning. Summer is definitely gone here in the capital.I have actually been working as a contractor for the last 18 months (couldn't be arsed changing my avatar). The situation is becoming so dire that I'm looking at going back to public service
I'd be interested in this, though I do need to wait until I get a new job.