or Connect

Posts by Hannerhan

If there was a way to short TSLA without getting owned on the borrow cost I'd do it in a second. She's a zero in 3 years.
Going to pick up my beloved Panerai today after having it tuned up and being without it for the past 2 months. I like my Timex Ironman as well, but I can't wait to put a real watch back on.
Talking about the Solera? Yeah I like to drink a glass of it, then pour another half glass over some ice cream for dessert, and then drink another glass. Basically a full meal.
Truth. Leone's films just got better. Also, Once Upon a Time in the West is the probably best Western ever filmed. The opening scene alone is better than 90% of all other Westerns in their entirety.
That thing reminds me of the Porsche from Bachelor Party.
Uh, yeah I uh, of course I knew that.I assumed the first one was in jest but was bamboozled with the second one. Nice work.
That's all well and good as long as the other country remains friendly. Ask the Europeans how much they enjoy being at Putin's mercy on natural gas, and that's not even a war time situation.No thanks. I prefer to be self sufficient when it comes to 3 things: fresh water, food production, and energy. Global trade is great but let's at least recognize the potential dangers.
In case you are not fortunate enough to live in a region that is benefitting and you haven't seen the effects first-hand, there is an unprecedented oil boom going on in the U.S. I saw this article a while back and was amazed to read that metro areas like San Fran, San Jose, D.C., Naples FL, etc. are behind MIDLAND TX on the list of "richest" metro areas in the U.S. currently. As someone who actually drives through Midland on a regular basis and sees the effects of the...
Speaking of LED: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/technology/personaltech/cheaper-led-bulbs-make-it-easier-to-switch-lights.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0 Ditto on loving dimmers.
A few years back I got on the waiting list of ~10 wineries that were hard to get, and now I'm starting to get allocations on these. The problem is that I'm not drinking quite as much good wine as I thought I would be at this point, and it's hard to justify spending the money to buy from a lot of these places. One of them was Saxum and it was a no brainer for me to go ahead and order because I love their wine. But another was Leonetti (Walla Walla) and I'm not sure...