or Connect

Posts by Hannerhan

Anyone else see it yet? My first impression is that I liked it better than Inglorious Basterds. For some reason I never bought into Brad Pitt's character in that movie, but I think Tarantino basically nailed the casting in Django. I'm also a fan of Leone Westerns so there was basically nothing not to like as far as I'm concerned. Mild spoilers: I do wish the Walton Goggans character had been expanded a little more. And having the main climactic fight scene when there...
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I have always preferred the shitty side. I'd rather be the guy that can easily climb the fence to see what's on the other side, than be the guy who looks at the smooth panels but can't get over it. It just seems to me that if you put the supports on the outside, you're inviting people to come take a look at your shit.
Except if you have an HOA whose rules deal with the problem.
My first home was about $120k in a cheap cookie cutter suburban neighborhood. the HOA was $200 per year and it was absolutely worth the money just to keep the deadbeats (which inevitably start popping up within a couple of years after the new homes are occupied) from having overgrown lawns or building ugly garage additions, etc. Also the community had a private pool which was nice for all the homeowners.Then I lived in an infill neighborhood for 5 years wtihout an HOA. ...
Just got back from a hunting trip which was concluded by me hiking a couple of miles, spotting/stalking/shooting a mule deer at 300 yards, gutting said mule deer, driving a UTV off road for about 1/2 mile to get it reasonably close to the carcass, dragging the deer about 150 yards, putting it into the UTV, driving back to camp, skinning the deer, and then taking a nice hot shower. The last thing was the best but the other stuff did make me feel manly.
Those are both money.
The LC 80's are just so bulletproof. Awesome truck and glad to see that you're using her as God intended.
Jogged 4.2 miles yesterday afternoon while my 8 year old daughter rode beside me on her mountain bike and talked my ear off. Experiencing the outdoors with your kids is basically the best thing ever.
My car history: 1986 Volvo 740 wagon (loaner from the parents when I was 16) 1991 Honda Accord wagon (loaner from the parents when I was 17-18) 1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R (first car to be mine, bought with $10k from the parents and $5k of my own money after HS graduation) 1996 Ford Taurus (bought in 2001 for $3k, sold in 2004 for $1500 - wife's daily driver when we were young and poor) 2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4* (still have as my daily driver, was wife's daily driver for 3...
I was pleasantly surprised last week when Ray Stevenson popped the intern in the head without blinking. It's funny to see characters make a quick exit when they have been integral to the plot for 2 seasons. But then yesterday's episode was back to the new normal unfortunately. Dexter being incredibly stupid/sloppy and somehow managing to get away clean (without a scratch on him by the way). I would have been happy if the bald roider dude had pummelled Dexter to death...