or Connect

Posts by Hannerhan

Speaking of HOA's and the good things about them, one of our neighbors-to-be (he is planning on building a home soon on a lot he owns, as am I) recently tried to pull and fast one and get a variance to set his home only 35 feet from the street instead of the mandated 50 feet, because he's trying to shoehorn a McMansion on to his lot. The HOA basically got everyone together and sent up several neighbors to the meeting and bitch slapped him into a denied request. He also...
Yeah one of the great names ever. He's also a Kenneth Copeland disciple...comes to Fort Worth a couple of times a year to kiss the ring. I wouldn't be at all surprised if part of Creflo's revenue goes to Copeland in return for favors done earlier in the career.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml8bQDnnkKk The uber-wealthy pastor phenomenon of the past couple of decades is fascinating to me. I suppose it's nothing new, going back to the early Roman Catholic Church, but it really does amaze me that people are willing to fund these guys' lifestyles. I went to school with the grandchildren of the guy that perfected this "prosperity gospel" message (Kenneth Copeland - who puts all these L.A. guys to shame with his private jets and...
Agree.For me, since I already have two 4x4 SUV's, the third vehicle drool is for a sports car (2005-2007 911's to be precise). I'll just note that the math REALLY doesn't work going in that direction, in case anyone was wondering.
Yeah I had looked around for direct comparisons and came up empty as well. That Four Wheeler comparo isn't really fair, because other than the Jeep Rubicon the 4Runner beat the other SUV's (just the XTerra). The other vehicles were all pickup trucks which are inherently much lighter (hint hint) than SUV's and have better ground clearance. And in the last comparo, they flat-out say that the 4Runner is better than the Jeep GC off-road but they went with the Jeep because...
11 is beyond remarkable. I had one when I was 21 years old and about a 30 handicap. Hit a 7 iron thin and rolled it up on to the green and all the way to a back center pin, dropped perfectly. Was playing as a single with a couple of older guys that I didn't know, and I was playing double bogey golf until the ace. I haven't put one within a foot since then.There was a Labor Day weekend back around 2001 in Texas when I played Saturday/Sunday/Monday afternoons (I was poor...
It's not the .2 inches as much as how the suspension is set up on a vehicle that doesn't have a solid rear axle. See this for a quick explanation: http://www.wittenburg.co.uk/offroading/Concepts/Suspension.html.And this might be mostly anecdotal, but my LR experience is that there tend to be more low points than I have on my 4Runner...hence more banging around on rocks.Good point on the traction...I should have clarified. Weight is going to give you more traction when...
I think the 1st gen Touareg was a reasonably capable off-roader when equipped with that air suspension they had. Not sure if that suspension is still an option but I know the newer ones look closer to the ground than the 1st gen did. That said, it wasn't in the same class as the Rovers, Jeeps, 4Runner, Land Cruiser. They undercarriage and overhangs were not designed for abuse.
I totally agree on this. We have really rough roads on our ranch and it's a necessity to drive on them if we want to check water tanks and get to certain areas, but as you say that's a necessity. When I want to have fun I'd much rather be in the Yamaha Rhino (which is a damned good little off roader as well).
True. I was just subconsciously picking a vehicle that would cost about the same as a Raptor (which would be low $40's) but I didn't specify that.For the sake of argument, I'd take the 4Runner Trail over the LR4 off-road for two reasons. Late model Rovers have excellent traction control systems, but with the 4Runner's rear locker, almost 1,000 lbs less weight, and wider tires (the 265/70/17 vs. 255/55/19 will offer a much bigger contact patch especially when aired down),...