or Connect

Posts by Hannerhan

Second the rec on Arc'teryx. I have a softshell vest, hardshell jacket, and wool/nylon jacket of theirs, and between these three I basically have every need covered. I don't think they make the wool one anymore but it's probably my favorite of the bunch. It seems to me that their newer stuff gets a little flashy, but there are always some color combos that are more low-key or where the logo is tone-on-tone. Kjus is another technical clothing maker that has bad ass...
Nice. In Dallas/Fort Worth we use the term "Plano" in the same way. That said, I have recently switched my jokes to the term "Frisco" since the city of Plano is starting to get a little ghetto in spots as all the yuppies move to even nicer and more remote master-planned communities in other cities.The show Weeds (season 3, I believe) had some funny plotlines around their town of Agrestic and how it was being threatened by an even better high-end suburb of Majestic.One of...
The author gives us the choices of marriage, honesty, hard work, and religion. So maybe the new lower class is withdrawing from honesty? They just don't feel like honesty is a value they can embrace anymore. I mean honestly, where do honest people get off, thinking they're so great? I'm beginning to think that I'll withdraw from this cultural institution as well. Dishonesty is where it's at nowadays.
Frac Tech Services. And yes the guy did come from another company, but Frac Tech was certainly started from scratch, and to my knowledge there was never a legal issue...it was a pretty clean deal.
Right. He's an entrepreneur just like Bill Gates. So while he might not have $50 billion, you also don't make $5 billion as a banker. But you do as an entrepreneur when you sell enough of the right product, with the right margins.
My thought exactly. Any time you hear someone moan about how only the elite from the elite schools make it nowadays, you know you're talking to someone with a very narrow worldview.A couple of bricklayers and a mid-level management guy start a well services business from scratch in rural Northwest Texas in 2002, and 10 years later they sell it for $6 billion. This is obviously an extraordinary situation, but these are the types of stories you hear all the time when...
I like The Warwick in the $250 range for hotels. They can usually be talked into an upgrade from the base room (just complain that the room smells like smoke if you get stuck in a standard version, and they will move you to a Premier. And you won't be lying.), and the location is really hard to beat at 54th and 6th. Try Keste' for pizza. I ate there twice in two days a few months back and I think it's the best pizza I've ever eaten. It's on Bleeker and there is good...
Thanks for the recs.Aspen weather is a crapshoot as you know, but I'd hope we would get routed to EGE if there are issues. It wouldn't be the end of the world to get a car there and make the 90 minute drive...which is what we always did anyway before this direct became available.
Talking about Aspen of course, and I'm heading there in a couple of weeks. This year American finally decided to put in a non-stop route from DFW to Aspen, which eliminates one of the 3 reasons why someone wouldn't want to live in my city of Fort Worth (the others being if one is repulsed by either the hot weather or the hot women), and which is obviously a nice shot in the arm for someone who loves Aspen/Snowmass. As I haven't been there in a couple of years, are there...
It was a live oak, so probably smaller than you would think because it was so dense...even after drying out for a year. Luckily my fireplace is 4 feet wide and could just handle it. And it ended up taking right at 24 hours for the whole thing to be gone.