or Connect

Posts by Hannerhan

Chick-Fil-A for chicken. I have to agree with Anthony Bourdain who said that a Chicken McNugget is the most disgusting thing he's ever eaten, but Chick-Fil-A crushes the nuggets. For burgers, there is one option which stands head and shoulders above the rest of the fast food universe: Whataburger is the only fast food burger joint I know of that will substitute real shredded cheddar cheese for the slice of cheap American. And they melt it on the patty while...
Quote: Originally Posted by phailing101 The world finally took notice last night at the Grammys. And hipsters everyhwere are removing The Suburbs from their iPods. "I used to like Arcade Fire, before they went mainstream." -Hipster
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS People always say that, but please be specific as to why? My opinion on that is that a possible employer is going to see that someone is out of a job and immediately ask "what happened there?" And if it wasn't a systematic layoff, that's a red flag. People would rather hire people who weren't fired from their last job if they have a choice. It's not the end of the world, but it puts you at a disadvantage.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano It's always easier to find a job when you have a job. I'd work on #2 and #3 at the same time. Agree 100%, to the point where I would even try to talk the boss into keeping you on longer at lower pay if necessary, while you're looking (if he does have the conversation wtih you at some point that it's over). Sorry to hear this, but if you managed to pass all 3 levels of the CFA by the time...
I started out this morning flipping pancakes at the Waffle House, and had three written offers in the six figure range by lunchtime. So clearly it's not as hard as some people make it out if you're just efficient with your time.
Agree with the general sentiment...definitely the best film I've seen this year. Not that there has been much competition so far, but I did like The American and this was better. The acting in general was excellent, and it's nice to see a movie that is honest and real once in a while.
We should probably see a few pics of this 21 year old "10" before a proper assessment can be made. But yeah, do the trip.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser Take them out to lunch or dinner. That would be good but you just don't know whether that opportunity will present itself on the trip. Regardless, I'd bring a nice bottle of something just in case...you don't want the weekend to be over and be wishing at that point that you had done something nice for the guy. If you're not checking bags (and therefore can't do the bottle), then do some digging to...
Quote: Originally Posted by romafan i like the idea of big bend, and have read stories about rafting trips led by the singer butch hancock on rio g. through this area that sounded cool -: http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/arti...276_H4_hB57105 I've been on two overnight float trips in Big Bend, and it's impossible to convey in words the solitude and quiet that exists there. There are very few places in the U.S. where you can get that. Not to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Svenn ^hannerhan, I've never been to Big bend but it sounds like you have quite a lot... are the winter days really that warm? I was wondering, maybe it's just a high of 80 but that only happens for a few hours at the end of the day when the sun's out, the rest of the day being in the 40's (desert temp. swings). The average temp fluctuation between high and low is probably about 40 degrees out there. More in the...