or Connect

Posts by Hannerhan

I made a self-imposed rule about 15 years ago that I'd never spend more than $2k on a TV, and it has served me very well. Right now sporting a decent 70 inch Vizio in the living room which was something like $1500 at Sam's earlier this year, and a TV like that is almost indistinguishable from something costing twice as much. Spend the extra dough on something that won't depreciate so rapidly.
I think this would be a great car if they could do it in the $200's. But $500k is just beyond all reason...many people can appreciate the craftsmanship but at some point it just get ridiculous. For that dough I'd rather buy a 991 Turbo S, a 993 Turbo, and something older with a nice restoration...would then have 3 cars that will likely hold overall value a lot better than the single Singer.
Original or director's cut? Unlike most films with multiple versions, in this one there is actually a material difference...director's cut is much better. And yes the cinematography is great.
Pio, I can't imagine getting an Explorer over a 4Runner. Then again, I actually do drive off-road in mine so there is genuine need for the qualities that a 4Runner (and very few other SUV's) possess. If you don't have those needs, I'm sure the Explorer will do nicely. You could certainly argue that sample size (1) is an issue, but my 11 year old 4Runner has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's going to be genuinely difficult to let go of her, even if I'm just...
Bought my son his first real gun today. For my money the act of a father teaching his son to hunt is one of the oldest, and probably the most manly, activity in the history of the world. Seriously. (I know that the act of buying the gun really isn't manly, but dove season doesn't start until Sep 1. The gun in question is a single shot breakover .410)
Blue steel rolling insulated cooler for the back patio.
Speaking of, last night was our first in a new set of cotton percale sheets from Parachute. I read an article in the Wall Street Journal a few months back and decided to give these a try. 8 weeks later they just arrived from Italy and I'm very pleased. $200 for a queen set.
Except that it's covered in snow 5 months of the year. When it comes down to it, no self-respecting billionaire should have less than 2 major ranches. One in Texas and one in a cooler/higher locale.
And as I said before, we had one for 5 years in our previous home and loved every minute of it. Best money I ever spent (was about $2500 both the time before and this time around).
After a couple of years of living in a rent house as we worked on the design and construction of the new home, we finally moved in a couple of weeks back. Our builder is going to come in and do some better pictures once the punch list is knocked out, but here are a couple of pre-move in shots of the great room.