or Connect

Posts by Hannerhan

It's actually not waving up nearly as much as my Aldens have. I generally don't travel with them or put heavy wear on them so maybe that's why, but they look remarkably new. The calfskin shafts are getting a nicely wrinkled look, so overall I'd say they're aging very well.
It's actually not waving up nearly as much as my Aldens have. I generally don't travel with them or put heavy wear on them so maybe that's why, but they look remarkably new. The calfskin shafts are getting a nicely wrinkled look, so overall I'd say they're aging very well.
The JB Hills have been great. Wear them about once a week and have since purchase. Would recommend.
I make fun of Texans constantly, because it's just fun to do so...so many easy targets. But I'll be damned if it's not the greatest place in the world for a tax-paying American to live.
I own a 2003 4Runner 4x4 with 125k miles on it and it's easily the best vehicle I have ever owned. I know that's a small sample size, but for what it's worth. Have run it off-road with Jeep Rubicons and other vehicles of the sort, and have never had issues...it's a real SUV and built rock solid. I keep thinking I'll get rid of it but it just does nothing wrong and it won't break. Have bought my wife 3 new vehicles (successively larger and more expensive SUV's) over the...
Bought these new in March 2011 on SF. Worn approximately 20 times per year...once every 2-3 weeks. Worn with insoles because they were always a bit big, and I'm listing them because I'm finally cleaning out the closet a bit. They fit like an Alden 9 Barrie or 9.5 on Alden smaller lasts.
Bought new last week. I have now worn 2 full days and have determined that they are ever so slightly too large. Want to give them a good home now, rather than wearing them and not being 100% happy. Comes in original Vass box with Vass shoe bags. Gorgeous and literally almost new. Size is 42 on the Vass Peter last. I read that they would be equivalent of an Alden Barrie 8.5, but I think they are just slightly larger. The Barrie 8.5 is great for me but is as big as I...
I made a self-imposed rule about 15 years ago that I'd never spend more than $2k on a TV, and it has served me very well. Right now sporting a decent 70 inch Vizio in the living room which was something like $1500 at Sam's earlier this year, and a TV like that is almost indistinguishable from something costing twice as much. Spend the extra dough on something that won't depreciate so rapidly.
I think this would be a great car if they could do it in the $200's. But $500k is just beyond all reason...many people can appreciate the craftsmanship but at some point it just get ridiculous. For that dough I'd rather buy a 991 Turbo S, a 993 Turbo, and something older with a nice restoration...would then have 3 cars that will likely hold overall value a lot better than the single Singer.
Original or director's cut? Unlike most films with multiple versions, in this one there is actually a material difference...director's cut is much better. And yes the cinematography is great.