or Connect

Posts by officeboy

Quote: Originally Posted by ohdannyboy i've recently lost a fair amount of weight, enough that slim fit shirts are now a necessity for a better taper. however, i've got some fantastic shirts that are regular cut, and i'm loathe to give them up. can a tailor take in a shirt (like one would with a jacket) or are these shirts newly baggy lost causes? thanks for the help! Congrats, and they can. Mine charges $10 a shirt. (That's probably cheaper...
Quote: Originally Posted by NOBD [[SPOILER]] Wow, you guys do use tree's for ALL your shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by onix ^ Pantherella's? Talbott
gyasih's comments in this thread have by far been better for your business then your own have. I suppose there is plenty of room in the world for good repair service even with owners that have a poor attitude. But seriously, every time you have posted in this thread you have stated that your customer is not being truthful, or that he was covering over details. Maybe he is, but do you want all your customers to expect a confrontation and to be called liars when there...
Talk to the seller first, and provide pictures. I would ask for some portion of funds back. Leave feedback based on the resolution you come to.
I think a good example of what I'm talking about was a recent post/review of TheTieBar. The poster was contacted privately, and every effort was made to not only make wrongs right but to ensure the customer was happy. (I don't even think there were wrongs in this case, just not 100% satisfaction) This speaks to the dedication and professionalism of the business. While posting in a thread is their right, I really think it would be the rare case where it would help them.
Quote: Originally Posted by makewayhomer lol what? you cant start a thread to slander someone then claim the effect of that is out of your control It's not slander if the pictures and statements are true. I'm on the OP's side here for his right to post. I think experiences both Good and Bad should be posted here. I've seen plenty of good things come from bad posts, but I've also seen vendors burn themselves over these type of posts. It's...
Quote: Originally Posted by TRA8324 Navy knit tie with a white shirt and charcoal suit. Will this look good? I know it looks good with a navy suit, but my navy suit fits like shit. Would it be better with a different color shirt? About as classic a look as I could think of. The white shirt could be switched out with pale blue. Only problem could be how dark the suit is and it may look a bit bland (Also if the suit was really dark that maybe a problem)...
My suit was a pretty casual linen suit. So up here in the NW I don't get a lot of use out of it, and it's casual nature helps to cover up the flaws. But there are still flaws, the front feels a bit big. And the armholes seem too big also. It's better then no suit, and probably a lot better then any $100 suit I might find, but after losing 50ish lbs you have to draw some lines as far as what kind of wardrobe replacements you will be making. (About the only thing I...