or Connect

Posts by enderz

I went to Father's office in Santa Monica for the best burger in town. the burger is dry-aged beef with gruyere and maytag blue cheese and comes dressed with spicy arugula and applewood-smoked bacon and caramelized onions. also ordered a side of their sweet potato fries and topped it off with two heffes. good stuff.
First two seasons were pretty good. Last season got really bad, really quick. This season looks like it has promise though and I am so glad they got rid of his whiny ass daughter although she was pretty good eye candy.
ahh. i did the unthinkable this weekend -- betting against my own team. knowing full well my team (the seahawks) were gonna lose this week, i decided to bet on the rams straight up to win to cover the agony of another crap season. i would've rather had a seahawks win, but a 2.5 to 1 payoff good enough for me. then i laid a little more on the vikes today and moss did me proud. i think i'm gonna cash out while i'm still ahead. this is my first time betting online and i can...
lots of ketel one and tonic some cristal and dom p too many shots from the crazy british guy playing bartender you know you had a good night when you wake up and have to look at your camera to recollect the events of the night before. it's 6pm and i still feel like a train ran me over. ugh.
Quote: Illegal contact is still enforced very sparingly, and it's only a 5 yard penalty. NE is going to play the game the way they've always played it, and if they get penalized, they'll just shrug and continue playing it the same way, no ref is going to continuously call illegal contact penalties in the playoffs, especially at Gillette. Dude, the reason why they started enforcing the rule at all is because of the mugging that occured on that field...
Have you read "The Man Who Ate Everything" by Jeffrey Steingarten? He's Vogue's food writer. The guy is hillarious. Anthony Bourdain's books are pretty entertaining as well if you are interested about food/dining.
Your two-stage approach sounds great. I'm not really willing to blow the cash on the purist route and for around 200 dollars I can have a great looking watch right now. I think that will be the first thing I do when I get back to LA. Thanks. dan
Quote: Unfortunately any authenticity papers are long gone -- probably burnt by the commies back in Vietnam 1975. haha. i just re-read my post and pictured christopher walken giving the watch speech in pulp fiction. THREE YEARS I HAD THIS UNCOMFORTABLE HUNK OF METAL UP MY ASS.
Quote: Good luck, and please post some scans when the job is done. Thanks for the great response. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Unfortunately any authenticity papers are long gone -- probably burnt by the commies back in Vietnam 1975. Apparently my grandfather had an even nicer watch, but it got stolen right off his wrist while he was stopped at a stoplight in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). 1k is a lot of money for me right now... I'm not...
So I'm home visiting for the holidays and my Dad notices the Omega watch I'm wearing and tells me a story about this old Rolex he used to have and wear until I at 3 years old took it and kept throwing it at the floor. It seems to have survived the throws onto the carpet, but when i progessed onto cement, the watch didn't survive too well. He kept the clock buried in a drawer and I made him go find it. The watch is at least 40 years old and is an Oyster Perpetual model....