or Connect

Posts by "6"

Quote: Originally Posted by lennier Thanks 6. I dropped in today briefly but unfortunately (fortunately?) didn't come away with anything. There was one blue blazer in a 38 that actually fitted reasonably well, but I wasn't too keen on the cut and it looked too much like an orphan suit jacket. There may well have been something interesting amongst the ties but I couldn't be bothered wading through the chaos to try and find out. Yeh saw that...
Quote: Originally Posted by lennier Any point in dropping in there today do you think? I have short arms in relation to my chest/shoulder measurement so those blazers might be interesting if they have anything around a 38/40. Or is everything generally gone by day 2? Never been to a HB sale before! Just drop by day 2-3 as they constantly bring out new stuff from past experience, not much, but still doesn't hurt to have a look. Think I saw...
Brown paisley should go in a heartbeat no worries. Good stuff here
Good to see those AMAZING shell loafers have found a home. Get away temptation! Free bump for awesome selection - almost all gone.
Alas, no overseas shipping. Free bump for awesome shoes who need a loving home. Drooling at the tassel loafers
Quote: Originally Posted by Gassyndrome 1. How many people have had good success with Nialma, either measuring themselves or through their fitting service? I'm getting very annoyed with puffy sleeves and baggy armpits from so called 'slim fit' shirts. Are they still doing a deal on their Thomas Mason Black Label range? 2. Decision time - go with something like these C&J or some MTO RM Williams for the work environment? Grey/blue/charcoal...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrigglez From what I understood when talking to him, the difference between mtm, tailor made and bespoke is the amount of work done. I'm pretty sure you have a set of paper patterns made for a mtm but there half canvassed as oppose the bespoke which is fully canvassed and has working cuffs ect. Give him a ring, he's a top bloke. Whether or not a suit is fully canvassed/half canvassed/fussed has nothing to do...
Wish I was in Sydney this week from Tuesday till Friday in a particular ballroom
Quote: Originally Posted by meister Ditto I have some a mate gave me and it is great stuff. Definitely in for Saphir some cream and waxes if this goes ahead. On the travellers apparrel question: its worth stopping by their collingwood store if you have a chance. Last time I went there the lady there offered me $600 for one of their suits which includes any alterations. Verdict; decently cut suits, all fused, materials vary, but overall...
Quote: Originally Posted by labravajazz - A question I do have however is - does anyone on here have both Loake's and C&J's in their shoe collection? I am looking to buy my first pair of C&Js and want to get the sizing just right. Yes I do - and can say pretty confidently the sizing is very similar between Loake and CJ, depending of course on comparing similar shape and style.[/quote] Agreed. I own loake on the 026 and a CJ on the 348. 026...