or Connect

Posts by "6"

Just looked at the site. 100% worsted wool charcoal suit for 175 quid. So yes, it's really (like REALLY) good value for a suit, if it fits you. Wish I had this option when I first started work. I'm 100% sure its half-canvassed, but I'm saying that as a good thing! TM Lewin is doing budget clothing spot on. http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/Hoxton-Charcoal-Plain-Weave-Slim-Fit-Suit---36005B/36005B,en_GB,pd.html?start=2&cgid=Mens-Suit-Bundles This version even has padded lapels -...
Highly doubt this (fully canvassed) at that price point. Happy to be wrong about it though.
That list of online stores from Pink Socks should be stickied btw. Also, Yoox takes absolutely terrible product shots. Stop butchering the 3-roll-2 blazers!
I can see your dilemma. But IMO, HB's markups are quite exorbitant. Though they may argue that this is the only way they can survive, due to lower volume of sales, I am strongly in support of the "adapt or die" mentality and cannot in good conscience condone the high mark ups they are currently charging. I do not expect them to match online prices, but I also cannot see why as a retailer who buys at wholesale prices from suppliers, they somehow see fit to charge twice the...
So EG's for $1,000Boglioli jackets for $850Drakes for more than websiteI like how Henry Bucks has a "sale" and all sale prices are at least the full retail price charged by other online suppliers. Evolve or die, there is no room for exorbitant markups anymore with the internet available on every smartphone. $100 or $200 above online prices sure, I'll pay for that. But the cost of a "brick and mortar" store does not justify you marking up your items at twice the price being...
This is news to me. No wadding, but being able to achieve a roped shoulder. Learn something new everyday.
Again, appreciate the feedback fxh and lennier. Will definitely stop by to have a chat with them. Just thought I'd scout ahead Their starting prices are indeed quite attractive. However, I suspect the $1500 starting price will be for a fused suit in wool-polyester fabric with plastic buttons thrown in for free. @ I am DIL. As I understand it, the Con Rollino had some wadding along the sleevehead to achieve the roped shoulder. I don't see any other way the roping could be...
Thanks for the info fxh and lennier. Sounds like they are bespoke tailors from what lennier is describing. The 'part-way' done suit is probably the basted fitting. It is standard operating procedure for tailors. In that case, it makes sense that it would cost more than PJohnson who modify a standard pattern, offshore. I might go to them when my piggy bank fills up. Hopefully they will work with customer supplied cloth as I have an awesome length of suiting which I want...
I will probably check out this Melbourne based tailor in the near future. Looks interesting. Keen to hear thoughts from any members here who may have used their services in the past: http://www.pinstripetailors.com.au/suits.html
Or to invest in a suit bag for safe storage.