or Connect

Posts by emilo

Importing a TOJ jacket to Denmark will incur approximately the following charges:25% of (actual) jacket value in VAT12% of (actual) jacket value in customsUSD 30 in customs handling fee.So, a USD 800 dollar jacket will cost a Dane an additional 326 dollars to get out of the customs.And, by the way, the Danish customs authority do not care about what value is stated on the parcel, they open everything to determine its actual value. I suspect it is like that in the rest of...
It is a shame, reIt is a shame, really, that the TOJ adventure has had an ending characterized by blatant disregard for promised time frames including a lack of willingness to inform customers hereof, and an apparent decrease in the quality of construction (the asymmetric shoulder) and material (the cellulite ridden MA1). I really enjoyed following the development of TOJ, and I still get a tremendous pleasure out of the three TOJ jackets I have kept over the course of the...
I'd like an update on the wallets/backpacks as well.
TOJ has (finally) died. Long live TOJ.
Temple of Jawnz BB Jacket Size 50 body with size 47 lengths: Front length 23,0'' Back Length 25,2'' Sleeve length 30,6'' As TOJ raglan jackets run tight in the body, this is perfect for any natural size 46, 47 or 48 depending on your upper body proportions Condition: 9 / 10. It has seen a bit of wear, but no tears, blemishes or dirt. Still has some way to go before it is properly broken into. If you regret not jumping on the BB ship when it was available, now is...
Come on. We are talking about cutting and sewing leather from a predefined pattern. This is not about having 'tried and true artisans' work a magic forge to conjure your jacket out of angle dust, it's about having experienced craftsmen doing what they do. I mean, they even offered the Harrington as an option for their fundraiser run a month or so back, which literally means that they could engage more workshops in the jacket making if they felt impelled to do so.And for...
[[SPOILER]] This is not meant as a critique of TOJ (I am a seasoned TOJ'er myself), but knowing that: people who ordered in June 2013 still have not received their jackets, keeping true to any given time estimates is not a priority for the company (i.e. no apparent effort to find new workshops to help reduce the massive queue) and the fact that shipments of new jackets become increasingly infrequent (at least that is what I take from this thread); what compels you to order...
> complains about wait time discussions.> proceeds with three paragraphs of wait time discussion.7/10
Speaking of backpack and wallets; was there an eta on them? I'd like to not wait 50 weeks on what's going to be my one wallet for life (until i lose it in a bar somewhere).
My Baseball jacket has not seen much wear since i bought it a year or so ago. Considering getting rid of it. It is a 48 with 46 lengths (i.e. good fit for a 46 sized guy). It's in really good condition. If interested, PM me offers. I might put it on B/S within a week,