or Connect

Posts by emilo

He could give bi-weekly updates on how the production goes. He could let people know why no jackets are being send out this week. He could just in general participate a bit in the community to people don't get the impression (rightly or wrongly) that he has completely ditched it.How many more months of nothing has to pass before it would be reasonable to escalate this to get an answer? As also touched upon above, establishing a restaurant is a notoriously difficult and...
It does seem like you fancy making up stories to justify the painful combination of 1) Ever extending wait times, 2) only one batch of new jackets having gone out since when.. early spring? And 3) the fact that TOJ/Drew don't feel like it is his job to keep people up to date / reassure people on the expensive products they purchased last summer.Despite previous good experiences with TOJ, it is a lot of red flags. I personally only have a $135 wallet at stake, but try to...
Oh thats right, I think everyone else forgot that the world does in fact revolve around you.
I, for one, care about people's experiences as they plough through month after month of no new jackets being produced/send out. If you don't like users sharing their thoughts and feelings about being a TOJ customer, you should probably unsubscribe to this thread. Because you won't get any fit pics until/if they start actually providing people the products they purchased.
Well, basically, last summer, TOJ announced the shut down of the brand. This made a LOT of people put in orders within a relatively short time frame ((June to August 2013). As I understand it from the forum, people were quoted wait times around 20 weeks. Back then, 20 week was a bit longer than one usually had to wait for a jacket. At least much longer than I have had to wait for any of mine. Those 20 weeks kept being extended until some point in early spring (?) when TOJ...
.. good one.And pertaining to this: I realise there a costs involved in getting new workshops/craftsmen used to the patterns and cuts, but other than that, wouldn't it be the same cost to have four workshops make jackets for 6 months as it would be to have one workshop make jackets for two years? In other words, the cost would be four times higher but only have to be sustained for one forth of the duration... Assuming you could find three more capable workshops. But I...
I've tried to email TOJ/charley regarding an update on the backpacks/wallets a couple of times. No reply. Never even got a comfirmatiin email when I sent the money back in early April. Doesn't really make you feel acknowledged, let alone appreciated, as a customer. Normally, I would just wait it out, but seeing as how they're still stuck at June 2013 orders with monthes between each new batch going out, something doesn't feel right. When we get near the 6 month day of the...
I've tried to send an email asking about the daypacks/wallets. So far to no avail. They were estimated to ship somewhere between the middle of May to the middle of June. It was specifically stated that they would not be affected by the delays. So far, we, or I at least, have not heard anything. Didn't even receive an email notifying that the payment was received. To me, it feels like Drew has grown completely indifferent to his otherwise loyal customers.
Literally never happened to me. And when I am in DK, I usually order a lot of stuff from overseas.
Importing a TOJ jacket to Denmark will incur approximately the following charges:25% of (actual) jacket value in VAT12% of (actual) jacket value in customsUSD 30 in customs handling fee.So, a USD 800 dollar jacket will cost a Dane an additional 326 dollars to get out of the customs.And, by the way, the Danish customs authority do not care about what value is stated on the parcel, they open everything to determine its actual value. I suspect it is like that in the rest of...