or Connect

Posts by BABuckeye

J- I've been checking your site from time to time, waiting for the restocking of your white linen pocket squares with blue and navy trims. Will it ever happen? Thanks!
Sorry guys, I rushed to judgement by claiming the Redways are on the 341 last. I am not a tassle guy; I only own the similar looking, dress-penny-loafer version (which looks similar and is definitley on the 341 last). I just checked the catalog and the C&J tassle loafer that looks most like the RL Redway is called the Cavendish and it is on 325 last. BTW, the C&J Pembroke, which looks just like the RL Darlton, is also on the 325 last in case that helps.
Quote: Originally Posted by BABuckeye I once considered shoe sizing to be simply a matter of length--a one dimensional decision. Some shoes felt fine in the length, but too snug so I assumed I had wide feet. Thus, I considered it a 2 dimensional matter, lenght x width. Later, I realized it wasn't the width of my feet taking up the extra leather (in ill-fitting, wide-width shoes), but it was the height of my feet. I learned I have a tall instep. ...
I once considered shoe sizing to be simply a matter of length--a one dimensional decision. Some shoes felt fine in the length, but too snug so I assumed I had wide feet. Thus, I considered it a 2 dimensional matter, lenght x width. Later, I realized it wasn't the width of my feet taking up the extra leather (in ill-fitting, wide-width shoes), but it was the height of my feet. I learned I have a tall instep. Consequently, I now look at shoe sizing as a three...
Here's what I gleaned from the Forum on UK/US shoe sizing: UK brands are usually one full size larger than US brands (so UK11=US12). However, when UK manufacturers make shoes for US brands like RL Polo and Brooks Brothers, they us a 1/2 size conversion. In the RL and BB case, a US12 would equate to a UK11.5. Of course, the last of the shoe affects the fit too. In my case (a US guy), if I buy C&J branded shoes, I generally go down 1/2 size. If I buy RL shoes like...
Proper response: "I'm fat? No shit. A good tailor can make a fat person look thin. You can make me look thin, can't you?!"
Can we institute a thread recall? Some number of votes and a ridiculous thread gets eliminated...
Tell the tailor what you want. He can make it work.
Is this a serious question?
Yes, but they won't be the same as OEM, so ask to see an example before you let the cobbler do his thing.