or Connect

Posts by ykurtz

Quote: Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH Isn't this just going to be "The 100 tailors in America"? The list may be filled out by people who's last name is actually spelled (or misspelled) 'Tailor'.
Quote: Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits His shoe is way too big. Note the space between the back of the shoe and his heel. His shoe is way too big. Note the space between the back of the shoe and the heel.
Quote: Originally Posted by CaymanS This is Stephan Winkelmann, President and CEO of Lamborghini. Very stylish chap imo. Not a fan of that lapel hole, though. Looks like a buttonhole.
Charcoal Brioni suit. And a pair of walnut oxfords with medium broguing. Dunno why, but those two items get the most 'love'.
If you like that style of cap, I'd go with a glenplaid version for the sportcoat. Or even a solid. Having too many patterns, especially noticeable one's, tends to cause visual chaos.
The 'severity' of a white PS and a predominantly or wholly white shirt works well if you have a high contrast complexion (assuming you're wearing a darker coat/suit here). Whenever I try to 'mute' my PS, e.g. white shirt with blue stripes and a darker blue PS, for example, it just doesn't look right to me. However, I've seen blondes or otherwise men with muted complexions pulling it off fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by mktitsworth I don't see the motivation for your claim. I explicitly stated that the first thing to be done was to learn the rules, and what you suggest would necessarilly seem to be part of the "how" which was also explicitly mentioned. Having a goal in mind at the outset doesn't change this. The motivation for my claim is that it takes plenty of time to learn the rules AND execute them effectively. I would say...
Quote: Originally Posted by mktitsworth Part of the reason I joined this forum is to learn three things: What are the rules for classic men's style? Which of these rules can be bent and how? Which of these rules can be broken? I think you're jumping too far ahead. You need to first learn the rules for classic men's style. Then and only then can you confidently 'bend' or 'break' them in subtle or not so subtle ways. Once you're good at...
Also, try taking a picture without puffing out the chest/shoulders. Stand normally. Unless you actually spend more time with your shoulders unusually erect and arms puffed out.