or Connect

Posts by GargleBlaster

I could have just asked where I can get white and purple polo shirts without saying why, but I figured this way if my question gets answered, it'll show up for any bronies googling the solution to just this question :-P That site is just the kind of thing I'd like to find, except that they don't offer the color purple and shipping from the U.K. probably costs a lot extra. I tried googling a few different keywords, but didn't find anything that works. What did you search...
It's time for me to buy some nice new colorful polo shirts (I prefer pique). I decided I'd get one in the color of each main character of a show I like, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I'm also going to get the emblems associated with each character embroidered on them in the size and place a polo shirt logo would normally go: It should be easy enough except for Rarity, the one with the white coat and purple mane. I figured that one color was fine for the other...
I went to the mall the other day, and found a shop selling Bill's Khakis. The material really is a world apart from the khakis I saw in other shops, so I bought them. The M2 is cut differently than the 501, but it's still a good fit. Those Commuter trousers would probably also have been good. Not so much the jeans IMHO, just because of how heavy denim is. Skinny can be good, as long as they're loose enough not to bind. As for the legs, I always roll them up no matter how...
It seems like it's more the tightness of jeans compared to my khakis that makes them wear out at the crotch.
Well, I did say "Jeans aren't the most comfortable thing to ride in" :-) Those 505 khakis look decent. I might get them. Shame about the jean pockets in back.
If my objection to my Levi's were that they were the wrong color, I'd go for the 505s in khaki. But the real problem is the weight of the denim. I notice that all the Outlier pants are synthetic blends. I try to stay away from synthetics. Maybe it's an affectation, but I prefer natural fibers. Do they feel different than cotton khakis would? Are there any particular ones on that page that you have in mind?
Ouch, breaking the bank a bit. They're only gonna last about a year regardless. They don't need to be designed specifically for cycling, as long as they have enough rise. What is there at $100 or less?
I ride my bicycle everywhere. School is a 5-mile commute. Jeans aren't the most comfortable thing to ride in, especially in the summer, but my 501s have the perfect rise in the back. I had some slim fit Lands End Canvas khakis, but a) the rise was too low and b) they were too small in the thighs for a cyclist. I also had some Ralph Lauren replicas of WWII-era military khakis. They were nice to ride in, although they were too full to be stylish. Other khakis I've looked...
I can get some gray wool pants for $52 at STP (Barry Bricken), or $150 at my small-town menswear shop (Corbin), or $300 for some brands online, and skyward from there. Barry Bricken has been described in a thread here as "not top of the line, but a really well-fitting, solidly made pant that uses significantly above average fabrics IMO", and "nice trousers for the money". The Corbin pants also seem to get decent reviews, although it sounds like I can get them cheaper...
Quote: Originally Posted by tumadre The fact that you feel bad about is telling. Feeling bad is free. I'm still a crappy guy unless I give the money back, which I don't think I will do. Quote: Originally Posted by nohio I found the ESF shirts tight in the chest, too (but large in the shoulders). I tried sizing up in the neck, but while the chest fits well, the neck and shoulders are much wider. I then tried the slim fit,...