or Connect

Posts by Unregistered

One of my favourite just-for-fun guns (I don't own many since I only really shoot competitively) is a 6" 686 from 1989 - my birth year. Terrific gun to shoot, and also to progress newbies to from a .22 pistol. The weight in that 6" gun shooting light .38 Spl loads makes for a fantastically light recoiling gun that brings lots of grins to the range.
I've also had good experiences with Todd Jarrett, Eric Grauffel, and Max Michel. I still prefer Ben to all of them. Maybe Todd Jarrett would be another good person to take a class with in order to get the crucial solid fundamentals.Have you shot any USPSA matches before?
I had no idea red dots were used back in Vietnam! Learn something new everyday. That's pretty awesome!Oh the comp is definitely something else. The concussion is quite immense, and I almost always double up with both earplugs and earmuffs when shooting the rifle.I appreciate what Costa and Haley did as far as bringing firearms manipulation training and technique to the forefront. They emphasized safety and the need to practice above all else, and I think it's a good...
I find that the action shooting disciplines (USPSA/3gun etc) tend to have massive influence over the tactical shooters. The Costa grip has been used for a while in the 3 gun circuit because it allows for very fast driving of the weapon system (heh) from target to target. Likewise with the concept of having a red dot mounted secondary to a variable power primary optic. Or the slowly but surely trend towards pistols with red dots (albeit micro dots that are slide mounted...
I'd say a combination of a few things give rise to that appearance... The end of an evening of sitting for dinner, the symphony, and driving = wrinkling throughout unfortunately. That, and a rather scrumptious dinner I'll see if I can get some pictures of the back next time I'm in black tie... this weekend!
Hah! These have a pocket that perfectly fits the rulebook for IPSC. I'm a Chief Range Officer so I do unfortunately need the pocket. At least these ones are rather flat and don't puff up too much. Even worse, I often compete wearing lululemon shorts :PThe pistol is based off a STI 2011 hi-cap frame, with a SVI steel grip. Uses 1911 parts, but in a grip/frame designed for double-stacked mags. My long mags for shooting in the US can hold 29 9mm rounds, for a starting...
Thanks!I do like and decided on the vents. I have a rather large arse from playing hockey, which means that ventless jackets puff up in a rather unflattering manner. The vents break that up and I'm pretty ok with breaking that one rule. They normally don't poke up that much, but these photos were taken at the end of the evening, after sitting for both dinner and the symphony - some wrinkling and pulling was inevitable!It was indeed an oversight as far as the boutonnière....
\That takes time, effort, and risking significant amounts of capital that could be used elsewhere. Why go through that trial and error phase?No one has said they didn't buy the OCBDs BECAUSE they had pockets. Sure, the preference is there for some, but if a sale is made in spite of the pocket being there, why does it matter to Spier and Mackay at the end of the day?If you don't like the pocket, remove it. I don't see what the big deal is. As a business, why would they...
One of my new favourite toys: Shun Higo Nokami.
I did not. Like I mentioned above, I shoot mostly IPSC / USPSA rather than the tactical style of shooting Costa/Haley does.I trained with Todd Jarret, Max Michel, and Ben Stoeger. Good friends with the latter.This is Ben shooting our Provincial match up here in Alberta, Canada earlier this summer.