or Connect

Posts by Unregistered

Shoebank! They used to ship USPS which made it much cheaper (no taxes) than via Fedex now. All 5 pairs of AEs I own (brown Park Aves, walnut Fifth Aves, brown suede FA, long branch boots, and brown/white linen Strawfuts) are from shoe bank sales.Can't wait until summer so I don't have to only wear my AEs. Even with galoshes, I just don't want to wear nicer shoes in this weather.
Very nice boots! Nice and bright for a cold and sunny day. Here's mine for today. I'm completely okay with casual Friday. Means I can have quite the leeway with what I wear. AE Longbranch and selvedge jeans from the Gap. I'm not a denim snob (and most definitely not a SW&D guy), but I did just order 2 pairs of Gustins at the urging of my friends!
Eh..... No.
You'll find some support for notch lapels here. But in general, not for 2 buttons on a dinner jacket.Having not seen a Thom Browne dinner jacket, but rather just going off suits that I have seen from the label, I would imagine the extremely slim cut is "fashionable". Will it look good? If it does to you and your peers, then sure thing. But will it be timeless? Definitely not.There's a reason the gold standard remains elegant. Small deviations are of course possible - but...
Good on you for wanting to wear a dinner jacket for your prom!That's the hard part. Now's the fun part. Read this site and then come back with any questions you have: www.blacktieguide.com
I'm a strong proponent of grosgrain / faille over satin for the lapels. Never notch if you can help it (yes, I know the historical precedent exists, but I firmly believe peak or shawl looks far better). The black tie guide will explain everything in much more detail.
I like that idea. I find that on bloody cold days like today, I can do without the galoshes. Still no nice shoes, so a beater pair of AE Park Aves today.
www.blacktieguide.com Read that first. It will tell you all you need to know about the "details".
I've had a Umnumzaan, but I found I preferred to carry a Sebenza for times I'm not in a suit. It's just sleeker and nicer to me. If I'm in more casual clothes (jeans etc), nothing beats my Zero Tolerance ZT350.I cannot recommend Chris Reeve's knives enough. Both the Sebenza and Mnandi are addicting to collect and honestly... rather strikingly beautiful.Here is one amazing collection of Sebs... (which I wish was mine)
I carry this daily: Chris Reeves Mnandi with box elder panels. He makes them with basically any wood you can imagine. They are rather addicting to collect.