or Connect

Posts by clip

Anyone know where Thomas Pink knitwear comes from?
Quote: Originally Posted by chet31 Coyw! Nooooo. Yiddo. Quote: Originally Posted by gfreeman Pics? Sorry. Working toward that. Issue with camera, also three of the four shirts are in the wash.
Years ago in Plymouth (Devon), there was a computer games shop that employed University uber-babes rather than game dorks as sales assistants. They got paid top dollar, and presumably a commission too. One slightly creepy trick was that they sold T-shirts with the shop name on them, but the girls wore them. If you bought one, they would take that one off and give it to you. I have six. Which I have never washed.
Thought I'd do a test. I have a wide neck for my height, so it's difficult for me to find RTW shirts that fit. Only found one place that fits well (although in fairness, it's TM Lewin, so it's not like I can't get them). So being a cheapskate, and looking to the future, I tried an experiment to get the cheapest shirts in London. I'll add photos when I get batteries in the camera. Shirt 1: TM Lewin 16.5 collar 33 sleeve slim fit. Blue Gingham. Single two-button...
I attended a very lengthy seminar about interviews at law firms at the Law Society, and this is what I gleaned: I think you're mixing up two different worries. The first would be whether or not you're going to be able to dress appropriately for a Summer Vac interview. If the suit is clean and conservative and fits "ok" then there won't be a problem. With any kind of professional environment, those would be the main concerns, although the more visual things would be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Unrefinery What a guy. What shall I do in future, genius? Not post? Only post negative reviews?
London UK experience: I have been buying TML lately as they are the only RTW I have found that fit me. The online sale recently was unmissable for me (at one stage £18 for most of the line that I would have bought), and if you have a branch nearby, you can opt to have it delivered to the branch so there's no carriage. Almost all of Jermyn Street was on sale at the back end of last year (I don't think Emma Willis ever goes on sale), and I tried dozens of shirts from...
I'm 5'7" and I wear a Beauchamp no problem.
At the £18 price for a mtm white cotton shirt, I had to try it. Ordered over Christmas, arrived today (from Thailand)- which give or take is the 6 weeks they claim. You enter your measurements yourself, and there are some videos of the exact dimensions to take. I don't think I got them exactly right (made the length too short), and I chose : No pocket, English cut-away collar, two-button cuffs. They offered free contrast fabrics and monogramming - I don't like...
Quote: Originally Posted by meok Because being Asian allows you to pass wide sweeping bitter judgement on a billion people like no other race. And why not? Would an Indonesian be better placed to pass judgement on another billion Indonesians than an Frenchman would? Wouldn't an Indian be better placed to pass judgement on another billion Indians than a Peruvian? This isn't some clever social anthropology here. This is "what do you think of...