or Connect

Posts by Thanks SF (a new me)

any additional comments/info? Thanks
sorry for the bump as I dont want to start another thread... I am interested on both Drummond (on Beechnut) and Westbourne (on Chestnut)...I normally wear a US 6.5D on AE PA/Strand(#5) and MacNeil(#7) and a 6UK F on a Cheaney. From what I've read and suggestion from PLal that I should go for a full size down to 5.5E UK. Unfortunately 6E is the smallest being offered on the C&J last 348? Thoughts on the 6E? I know it is difficult to predict the success of the fitting...
Quote: Originally Posted by gladhands Every time I've asked a SA who made a particular shoe (except the made in the USA), they tell me Peal. Then I ask whether C&J or AS made them. They still insist Peal makes them. I don't know if it's ignorance or if that's what they're told to say. I am by no means a shoe expert, other than what I've learned on SF . But I had the same experience with my go to SA. He was honest about it and at least he...
Quote: Originally Posted by SNLMODLER Are the luxury collection shirts part of this sale? I am thinking the ones that are like 2 for 250 with 40% off will they really be 2 for 150? If so, jesus I might be in for 8 shirts. lux shirts are typically $168 ea. ; I think the sale is buy 2 get %25 off...buy 4, %40 off...
[quote=Beatlegeuse;4578925]Use this link: http://www.ctshirts.com/josh Shirts are only $39.50 - add 2 of them to your cart. When you get to the checkout screen, enter 'thanks' into the promotion code box for an additional $20 off. Including shipping, 2 shirts will cost you less than $35 each. If $35 per shirt is still too expensive for you, then there is no hope.[/QUOTE] OP, as noted, if still out of your budget, hopeless indeed...
Quote: Originally Posted by Booter Can you tell I'm from Chicago with the Macy's hate? (see: Marshall Field's) Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Then don't buy 10 shirts. Buy three or four and continue living with the ones you've already got until you can afford more. You're just throwing money away. Amen Quote: Originally Posted by Jorge18 Now that I haven't though of. But being the noob...
bump... ...I am 5-6 (32 waist)...does wearing windowpane or any check patterns makes my profile shorter/stouter...should I stay with solid patterns? your thoughts please...Thanks http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...size=40%20Long http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...size=40%20Long
Quote: Originally Posted by acridsheep In business casual situations shoes are most important. Nice slacks, a freshly pressed shirt and a well fitting blazer with a tasteful pocket square round out the look. Quote: Originally Posted by ter1413 +1. Biz casual does not have to be chinos/khakis and a polo shirt. Word !!! My work environment (Finance/Banking IT) has evolved from Business casual >> Smart casual >> Relax...
...any feedback on the 2 SC's? This is primarily for general casual and Spring (or even early Summer) wear. The windowpane jacket's material is silk/wool, which has a very fine and soft feel. While the Deco is Saxxon 100% wool, I think it would be too heavy for warmer temperatures. ...thoughts on flexibility for Fall season (layering) wear ?
Quote: Originally Posted by sportin_life The fabric on A is awesome. My only comments would be that the fit is not slim at all and the metal buttons are kind of old school. My tailor ended up slimming it quite a bit, and replaced the buttons with ivory ones and the jacket looks 100x better. If the fit is decent on you, I would definitely grab it though b/c of the fabric/construction. I think the fit of Fitz is great as is but I totally agree...