or Connect

Posts by Thanks SF (a new me)

why create another threak? read , noob, read... http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=243159
Quote: Originally Posted by Achilles_ Thank you! Maybe now my wife won't think I'm crazy for owning 7 pairs of nice shoes Quote: Originally Posted by davesmith i'm speechless. i thought i had a lot of shoes Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday Vox's collection would require more thinking than I can manage. Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Bill--THAT IS A LOT OF...
Quote: Originally Posted by chidomer The purpose of this post is to summarize the beginning of what could end up being a very long journey into this space. ...and can be a very expensive one too looks like Golden Needle is a keeper... http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=59132 welcome to SF !
Quote: Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH Lastly is shoes. Sneakers are fine for casual wear, but ultimately you should have at least two pairs of dress shoes. To begin with black captoe oxfords, and a dark brown shoe that may have some brogueing. Black and dark brown shoes pretty much go with anything. I hate to say it, but this is one area where you do not want to go cheap. Cheap shoes ruin a good outfit, but good shoes make you look a million times...
I just pulled the trigger on the Drummond Beechnut for $475 (regular $590?) . The color will be discontinued and they just happened to have 1 pair on 6E (Plal/Pediwear, I may have to wait until September) so I guess it is meant to be. Mr. Kevin Hill from C&J was very helpful. He mentioned that they have a number of styles on sale until July 9. So if guys are interested, call him. Again, thanks for all the suggestions and we'll see how the fitting goes when it arrives.....
Quote: Originally Posted by cscharti +1.....I should have a pair of 10E C&J Drummonds waiting on my door step when I get home from work today. I ordered them on Monday from NYC C&J store, Mr Kevin Hill was very helpful and said if these do not work let him know and he will take care of return shipping and try another pair. Quote: Originally Posted by Burton Call the C&J store in NY and ask them to help you. They will let you...
any additional comments/info? Thanks
sorry for the bump as I dont want to start another thread... I am interested on both Drummond (on Beechnut) and Westbourne (on Chestnut)...I normally wear a US 6.5D on AE PA/Strand(#5) and MacNeil(#7) and a 6UK F on a Cheaney. From what I've read and suggestion from PLal that I should go for a full size down to 5.5E UK. Unfortunately 6E is the smallest being offered on the C&J last 348? Thoughts on the 6E? I know it is difficult to predict the success of the fitting...
Quote: Originally Posted by gladhands Every time I've asked a SA who made a particular shoe (except the made in the USA), they tell me Peal. Then I ask whether C&J or AS made them. They still insist Peal makes them. I don't know if it's ignorance or if that's what they're told to say. I am by no means a shoe expert, other than what I've learned on SF . But I had the same experience with my go to SA. He was honest about it and at least he...
Quote: Originally Posted by SNLMODLER Are the luxury collection shirts part of this sale? I am thinking the ones that are like 2 for 250 with 40% off will they really be 2 for 150? If so, jesus I might be in for 8 shirts. lux shirts are typically $168 ea. ; I think the sale is buy 2 get %25 off...buy 4, %40 off...