or Connect

Posts by Thanks SF (a new me)

I will definitely look into Pelikan vs. Lamy...Thanks
I am not familiar with Vass and C&J pricing, but from what I've seen on other threads, looks like these are all below retail? No?
as for my confession...5-6 years ago, we took our daughter and a couple of her friends to a Hannah Montana concert. I wore a HM shirt under a nice sporting coat (plus pins and pix buttons) during pre-concert dinner and entire show... We had a blast and something I would never forget...Great times !!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Saturdays how dare you, early 20s is no excuse. I am unemployed, yet I am wearing a kick ass Regent Collared White Dress Shirt with a nice Red/White/Blue Tie (in a St. Andrews Knot) and a Blue Twill Sport Coat, with a pair or Selvedge Slim Fit Jeans, Striped Socks and a pair of Ballys. When people see me they go holy fuck look at that guy. They ask me what I do for a living, how can I afford all this shit. I tell them i am...
After seeing some pics on the CBD Experiment thread, I actually paired my AE MacNeil in Walnut with a mid-blue solid suit (white shirt and a navy pindot) last week and actually liked the look. Sorry no pics. Thanks..
I've never heard of Lamy (Safari) until now. I've been thinking of getting a Waterman or Montblanc for a starter, but now...Any suggestion for a $100 budget? Not sure if this will help but, I prefer medium lines and I has a tendency of a heavy hand. Gents, great thread and thanks in advance...
Quote: Originally Posted by Teger phf. people in this thread have never heard of aportney +1 you mean Aportnoy?...I was just thinking about that....but OP, pics would be great...Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by thunderstruck Where is the best place to get allen edmonds belts? ebay? Thanks why not? or in B&S, if you can find your size and style...or call their Shoebank stores for belt inventory...
Quote: Originally Posted by gfreeman What do you guys think of the McAllister (in brown)? I'm looking for my first brown shoe, and AE are having a sale where the McAllister is on sale for $249... would they be a solid first pair of brown shoes? IMO...Yes for business/suiting wear...but it is not my first choice for pairing with jeans. I'm not sure how familiar are you with AE seconds. If your budget will allow you to stretch for say $450, you...
...I prefer lighter color bluchers during Spring/Summer and in darker shades in Fall/Winter. I wear AE MacNeils with jeans this time of the year and/or a mahogany LWB with Dainite sole when it is raining. BTW, I have the Strand in dark brown and pairing it mostly with suit and SC-Blazer/Chino combo. I also wear this with chino/jeans...http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...colour_id=1854 I think AE Clifton in any shade of brown will look great with jeans. I like...