or Connect

Posts by Wongtouski

Gents, Wondering if anyone here has experience getting a shirt done from Dunhill? I saw a video of it on youtube and I'm intrigued. I live in HK and I haven't asked the price/lead time yet, just wondering if anyone has experience with them. I'm also thinking of making a custom Brooks Bros shirt for the hell of it, which is 900HKD for the regular non-iron fabric. Is that a good deal? Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Classic Car Where do you get your Alumo in HK? Dude don't waste your time, I PM'd him and he WOULD NOT TELL ME.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Ok, but they are not tailors and also the suit is fused, as far as I know. I wish you luck. Damn, serious?
I'm in the process of making a suit from Moustache on Aberdeen st. Run by two american guys. Looking forward to my second fitting this week. So far so good though, they close the shop when they do your fitting, and they're quite detail oriented.
YFYF Any info on the new ties you guys got? Been busy and haven't had the time to come in!
Quote: Originally Posted by luk-cha just be sure you ask what you are getting for the money, if you want a better made product, then you'll pay for it, but make sure you are clear with what you want from the start otherwise you might think you are getting shafted, and helping pay for LC's beer Haha thanks. Well to be honest, being a first timer there, and given the price, I guess subliminally I wanted to ultimately try their fit first, I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by luk-cha house cloth, fused collar, plastic buttons non matched patterns will be this price iGent friendly, includes non of the above bar the house cloth, with bells and whistles thick shell buttons etc will be twice the price this is why you are paying the difference just like with his tailoring too, you walk in he will give you the basic product price for half canvas suit, full canvas is more! you just need to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by iand Are the in-house shirtings 1-ply or 2-ply? Shit, the noob in me did not ask, the entire in-house fabric collection is 280 though. I guess I'll find out on Thursday. Side note: they said "we'll give u a better deal if you pick the fabrics you like" (for the Egyptian cotton swatches), anyone got intel on those?
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas I've been buying shirts made from in-house fabric, all those ones on the wall, and paying twice that per shirt. I'll have to talk to him. I presume you mean the shirt costs that much, not just the fabric. Yeah dude, 2 shirts, 560, I paid half as deposit. I don't know about what type of extra detailing you got or what not, but since its my first time, I just chose a collar + french cuffs, maybe u want much...
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas Peter has $280 HKD fabrics? I'm going to have to have a chat with him... I've been paying a lot more than that! Yeah, the ones he has in stock (not in swatches) are all 280. I originally e-mailed him to ask (in English no less) and thought he was just trying to pull me in. Once I got there, the ones by the wall are all 280.