or Connect

Posts by Wongtouski

Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Pink If I lived in HK or visited often, I would definitely do this, but the hassle factor makes it a less palatable choice. I'm reasonably happy with mytailor and their $125 to 140 Thomas Mason fabrics, so I'll probably stick with them for work shirts. Who, sir, is your tailor?
Quote: Originally Posted by RogerC But he does CMT shirts, so if you find some good fabrics... Lol don't get me started on that......I am a complete noob in this area and some members here have suggested doing that but providing absolutely no info on where to source fabrics.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Pink Based on limited experience with PL, two shirt orders, you need to be very specific about what you want. Things I take for granted like removable collar stays and gauntlet buttons were not standard. Ok that's good to know, I also agree with what emptym said before about the stitching. My dad was helping me iron them the other day and he said the thread was "shrinking" making it incredibly hard to iron. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by GBR Which branch - I wear shorts and tee shirts at the Peninsular Hotel branch without problem of this type, somewhat odd I feel. However don't expect to be able to get a coffee at the Peninsular so dressed! The IFC one, I come in, say Hi, and they just look bewildered. I told them I'd made an appointment and they told me to sit down. Turns out they thought it was someone else of the same name. But nevertheless guy...
Gentlemen, So I'm going to Peter Lee for the first time to make a summer suit (along with a shirt or two), what sort of things do I have to keep in mind? I just did a search and realise that a fully canvassed suit will cost be around 5500 HKD (starting). Other than that, what should I keep in mind? Some facts about me: I just recently made a suit elsewhere in HK, the shoulder is the biggest issue and I am somewhat bulky up top (for local HKer standards), so too much...
A proper (good) Panini in Hong Kong. That or Tapas. OR Just a good Grill Cheese
Quote: Originally Posted by Slewfoot Personally, I think age and experience go more hand-in-hand with good tailors than youthful energy. When I'm in HK I'm all set with Peter Lee and Chan for tailoring and The Armoury for accessories. A winning combo in my book! Yeah you're right about that, I made 2 shirts with Lee, the cheapest possible ones. Like it but the quality is subpar (it's the materials, not him), planning to get some legit ones...
Quote: Originally Posted by Slewfoot Ummm...have you been to The Armoury in HK in the Pedder Building yet? It might be just what you're looking for. Oh yeah I've definitely been, it's a great shop, actually planning to go this weekend. I'm thinking more in the neighborhood of tailoring shops in HK, it'll be nice if we have a younger generation of guys running tailoring shops.
I really like the rounded extreme cutaway collars, other than that from the pics alone...nothing that different right? Random: we need more of these stores in ASIA (Hong Kong and elsewhere, not just Japan)
Quote: Originally Posted by Porkpie Don't know much about Dunhill custom, but I am sure most on the forum would point you in the direction of a few other custom shirtmakers before Dunhill. Just mu thoughts. Yeah I would agree with that, I'm in a curious stage in my "sartorial career" where I just want to try different avenues. I made a couple shirts with Peter Lee in the entry level price range and I enjoy it, but out of sheet laziness (of...