Posts by sftiger

Really nice looking bespoke Cifonelli DB shawl collar tuxedo (size ~40 / 34) $350 BIN OBO. Vintage but looks like it's in very good condition.
Just got my dinner jacket back from the tailors today - Brioni that I bought on eBay. Thought about going big but the high end RTW stuff is just unbelievably expensive. Tried a bunch on at Bergdorf and it's $5K-$7K for a tuxedo. Definitely too rich for my blood.
Not my favorite.Here's one that's kind of the same color that's nicer: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Borrelli-Pink-Blue-and-White-Printed-Tie-S-/252752451648?hash=item3ad9385840:g:~w4AAOSwt5hYhlPoA few others. I wouldn't personally wear any of these, but they might work if you're going for a lighter pink...
Cadenhead's is amazing. One of my highlights of visiting Edinburgh.
Deets? Looks great although your pocket square seems shy.
Did a tasting at St. George Spirits in Alameda yesterday. Ended up buying a bottle of their amaro and absinthe, both of which I liked a lot.
Although it looks like she's wearing a space blanket.
Anyone buy any of the newly released (as of a month or two ago) 51 year old blended scotches? 1964 Sovereign 51 Year Old "K&L Exclusive" Single Barrel (44.6%) Cask Strength Blended Grain Scotch Whisky 1964 Sovereign 51 Year Old "K&L Exclusive" Single Barrel Cask Strength Blended Malt Scotch Whisky 1964 Sovereign 51 Year Old "K&L Exclusive" Single Barrel (44.6%) Cask Strength Blended Grain Scotch Whisky They're pretty expensive by my standards ($300-$400/bottle) and not...
Where do you guys buy this Velier stuff in the US? Looked around and the only places I can find it have $60-$70 shipping. Or is it just not really available in the US?
Interested in buying a high-end tuxedo for my wedding. Exact size depends on the brand, but generally speaking: 40L or 42L in newer cuts from Kiton, Brioni, Isaia, or Cesare Attolini. 40R or 42R in older cuts from the same brands. Needs to be: Black (plain - no patterns) Peak Lapel Single-breasted One Button Double vented or unvented Silk (satin or grosgrain) faced lapels Not RLPL Let me know if you have something that fits the bill. Prefer NWT/NWOT but preowned is...