Posts by MSAINT

Thanks zippyh! Well, Richard (Shoehealer) gave me the same info so I guess Christian from gloucesterquays might have mixed the model and the last.The fact that he told me that I had to size down, after he had tried them on, also supports this info as all my other Tricker's are on a 4497S last (except one on 4444 I never wear (too big, logically I learned the hard way) and should resell)Richard also told me, after he asked Tricker's, that the LW could be made on a 4467S...
Well, that's some kind of literal French to English translation I came up with How do you call these in English without sounding like an SM dungeon master? As stated by Tricker's on their catalogue the 4444 is 1/2 size bigger that the 4497 and is supposed to be roomier in the extensor retinaculum (had to look that name)I have only tried them on in the house so at the moment, the size 6 in 4444 seems exactly the same as the 4497S in 6.5 As for the color it's like chestnut...
New arrival today from gloucesterquays, the Tricker's Galosh Longwing. A big thank to Christian Hartery the shop's assistant manager who advised me to go half size down with the 7309/1 4444 last. He was absolutely right, the fitting is perfect! Now, they are going to the cobbler to get their rubber sole and screwed irons to avoid ice skating when it rains
They're almost the same I'd say, Stow may be a tad roomier
I'm a US7 in Alden (Indie and Naval boots), US7 in all my Red Wing, UK6.5 in Tricker's (4467S last) and C&J (325, 335 and 365 last)
I think I have regular feet, never had a problem putting on a pair of boots once I have the perfect size.There are not two Tricker's that close the same even when they are the same model, last, fitting... That's the "hand made" random factor I guess
http://edwigehitechpaysage.wix.com/gazon-synthetique#!jardins-gazon-synthetiqueMore real than real, made in Normandy, I've had that "lawn" installed on high-end hotels and offices and all the clients were totally bluffed! C&J MTO Islay for Upper Shoes Tricker's navy Stow for END Tricker's Cap toe for Pediwear Red Wing 877 THE Irish Setters Tricker's racing green Stow for END Tricker's Stow navy cordovan (the patina is turning brown despite the navy blue Saphir cream being...
Friday in sunny and smoggy Paris https://youtu.be/Snc6dVwavHA Tricker's Eaton, more than a decade and counting!
Yup, if in hurry, Swiffer is your friend !
Thanks Leaves Well it's certainly not a problem, I just dust them with the vacuum cleaner (special soft brush nozzle) along with the rest of my stuff every week.I can assure you that the picture was not posed, that is how I store my boots, on bookshelves! I haven't kept most of the boxes (I actually use some of them to sore stuff like socks, stationary, shoes laces, whatever...) and find no joy nor interest in stacking boxes with my boots in them as opposed to the real...