or Connect

Posts by Whacky

Getting some pics together for the forums here. However, Initial impressions of my Natural Chromexcel Bounty Hunters: - Compared to my single leather sole, brown Semi-Dress, these boots are noticeable heavier. - Equally as well made as any custom White's Boots you can own. - I do not really notice too much a difference in comfort between my Semi Dress with the block heel that is lowered 1/4, compared to the full size cuban heel. Both are/were incredibly comfortable out...
So I finally get my Natural Chromexcel Bounty Hunters tomorrow via UPS. Little excited to see how they turned out. I ordered a Cuban heel, normal height, Vibram 269 sole, cream leather liner, antique hardware, celastic toe, with close trim. I will post up some pictures when I get the time. Still not sure if I should initially treat them, or let them age naturally. I really dont want to darken the natural chromexcel too much. Thinking of just letting them age. See how...
Unless you're into that circus clown vibe
Does anybody have any experience treating natural chromexcel with products such as Obenaufs, SnoSeal? Perhaps on other boot makers, or other leather products like wallets, belts? Just curious how much the color will darken, change. I treated my Brown Dress White's SD with an ample coat of Obenaufs, and SnoSeal, then put them in my oven on 115 degrees for 10-15 minutes as soon as I got them. Afterwards, I couldn't really notice the color change dramatically. However, that...
What you are looking at is the difference between the different Vibram sole options.The one with the smaller height in the sole is the Vibram 269 sole. All the other Vibram options have a full thickness heel portion.The 269 profile is shaved slightly right under the arch, and therefore has a smaller height in the heel, but has the normal thickness under the area by the ball of the foot.Take a look at the pictures and compare for yourself.Hope that helps.
To post about sizing using the old school method of tracing your foot and sending it via paper to whites.... I did that with my first pair of Semi Dress boots I had ordered, and send it via snail-mail. Boots ended up fitting better than any other boot or shoe I've ever owned. Now, the stamp on the inside of the boot read 10.5D, so I had Kyle and Bakers make my second pair in the standard 10.5 according to Whites. I'll keep people posted when the boots come in as to how...
Yeah I assumed the chromexcel would stretch. I however, still went with the same sizing as the last pair of SD boots I ordered because they fit so well. Plus, I hand't planned on using them for intense purposes. Mostly style. That Natural Chromexcel just looks so amazing. I'm hoping the leather lining and celastic toe box will prevent the leather from stretching so much that the boot is unusable ever. The only other picture of natural chromexcel Whites, besides the...
So a year and a half after starting this page, I think we have accumulated a lot of great information for everyone to rely on when creating custom White's Boots. In fact, I went ahead and ordered a new pair myself. With my first order, I called White's directly. This order I went through Baker's. I couldn't resist the calling of the Natural Chromexcel leather by Horween. There are only a few sample shots from previous boots made with this leather from Whites, but it...
So what last is used for the farmer-rancher and the smoke jumper? Any other differences between that and the Semi Dress? I feel as if I read once that the farmer-rancher and smoke jumper were more narrow at the distal toe area? And to fully explain, the "lower profile" of the Semi Dress is what exactly? The toe area is slimmer in height, and not as bulky? Or did you mean anything else?
Its been a long time since I've been back to this thread since I started it way back when.I love my semi-dress boots that I had custom made.Now looking at getting a new pair. Something different.Was thinking about a farmer-rancher or a smoke jumper and was wondering the same question as above?Does anyone have any specifics as to what is different between the two models?Different last? fit, etc? I have looked at pictures of both models in the 6 inch boot and Its hard for me...