or Connect

Posts by zjpj83

Good luck. I'm no expert at all, but track driving is very fun. You definitively have to keep up with maintenance as tires, brakes, etc. will obviously start to go more quickly. If you can, I would recommend going with an instructor. It is very helpful to get the line, as well as knowing when to brake, when to get on the power, etc. It is not something that you can really teach yourself (at least I don't think I could), and I have always found instructors to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Grey ^^^ Yeah, this all day. Perfect example. That CTR wheel was a *nice* wheel. Why does the steering wheel in a Ferrari have to cost 10x more? Spend that money on making the car faster, not on better "feeling" interior bits. Italian exotics aren't luxury cars. Lots of Ferrari interior pieces come from the Fiat bin. If you want nice switchgear, buy a late 90's Bentley Continental. If you want to go fast,...
Quote: Originally Posted by venessian I think the fact that the prep/dining counter slams into the shelves (on the right side of the pic) is awkward. I don't understand this? The counter seems to carry on to the right and off the visible area. There is just shelving above the counter.
I think their burritos taste delicious.
Quote: Originally Posted by Gibonius Ehhh........depends what field you're in and what you want to do. Many people in chemistry get industry jobs with very minimal publication records simply because of who they know and who they worked for. Publications help, but the reputation of your lab is a pretty enormous consideration. I don't doubt it. I guess I'm thinking from the perspective of staying in academia.
Quote: Originally Posted by mordecai better fwiw, i don't like the work, but you guys are so tired and uncreative that is isn't difficult to see why you have trouble with contemporary art. at least stephenhero is trying, it's just that he's trying a little too hard. to put it into terms appropriate to the thread, StephenHero is like the Banksy of making fun of art whereas you Red are maybe a painting of a wave at a crafts fair. the guy with the...
oy
Quote: Originally Posted by deadly7 Base your school choice on your future faculty advisor, NOT the school's standing. Very few will care if you were a Harvard student for some no-name professor, whereas if you go to a recognizable name (and a person with whom you will easily get along and have the freedom to do ^^the above) you can stand out to "the right people". Agree to some extent. Some "big names" are assholes. It's preferable to work...
I used to buy Lobb trees for all my Lobb shoes, EG trees for all my EG shoes, etc. and then I stopped caring. You can't specify last of the shoe tree, so I didn't see the point any longer.
41 = 8/8.5 Us?