or Connect

Posts by zjpj83

I don't really drink beer. Killians Irish Red is pretty good. Blue Moon is ok.
"New with tags" WTF?
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragon ^^ It would be nice if someone can share some examples of a modern mansion, as we now have many examples of McMansions. Wafic Saïd's house (Tusmore House), which was featured in Country Life, is a modern palladian mansion.
Most expensive I've seen in person is $100,000 Hermes alligator jacket.
Quote: Originally Posted by dave333 I picked Middlebury over a couple "lower" Ivies and I'm pretty happy with my decision. Small, elite LACs like amherst, williams, midd, swarthmore, and pomona should definitely not be overlooked compared to their bigger Ivy siblings. The small atmosphere certainly has some advantages. I agree with this too.
I have multiple Ivy degrees and think Ivies are fine, but I wouldn't pick an Ivy over a another top school like Chicago or Stanford just because it's an Ivy.
Wasn't that bad / different from the regular song.
The sphinx also used to be extremely colorful, I believe.
Yes and no, from my perspective. I completely agree with the concept in some cases. Certainly with ceramics and sculpture. Also, if you go to Masada in Israel, they have rebuilt some of the fallen stones on the ruins, using original stones that were right at the foot of the old walls (so it was pretty easy to determine where the stones originally were). Nevertheless, they have drawn a black line all around the ruins to differentiate what was there versus what was...