or Connect

Posts by chet31

Since you are just getting started, you will go crazy trying to do everything at once. I suggest starting simple. First, find a pair of jeans that fit. Dark wash denim can be dressed up pretty well. OK, there's a million choices, so I'll narrow it down. Start with Levi's. They're inexpensive, decent quality, and most importantly, have a lot of cuts. JC Penney's carries a wide range of Levi's, try going there. Try every cut they have. Take 6 pair at a time (or...
Great thread, because my jeans "collection" is stupid, yet I'm compelled to post. Levi's 511. Levi's 514. AG Dylan (why are these so hard to find, great fit). AG Matchbox. Uniqlo somethings I just bought for $19.90. Target somethings. J Brand destroyed (best looking/fitting pair I own, never heard of 'em). Buffalo somethings. Earnest Sewn Hemmingway (boot cut but I sewed them to be tapered). Guess super skinny. (yeah, 'cause chicks want to see how skinny my calves...
Unfortunately, in that price range, it's trial and error, keep trying different brands, find something close, then find a good tailor. It can be done.
Gustin - Hard "G" or soft in pronounciation?
Here's a CG Ontario, black, XL on sale locally for $555.99 from $694.99, not much, but it's something: http://www.fontanasports.com/canada-goose-mens-ontario-parka-33163
Most places, including Nordstrom, carry the Chilliwack and Expedition in black. I have also seen the Chilliwack in red, the Burnett in gray, and the Chateau in black. The CG website has 16 different coats, each available in 8-16 colors. I don't mind buying on-line and exchanging a few times, but it would be fun to see more models and especially, more colors, before taking the plunge. But I get it, they are expensive for retailers to stock and a gigantic selection in...
I think I want a Canada Goose, but they are hard to buy. Are there any stores in the USA or Canada carry a large stock? I see a lot of interesting stuff on the Canada Goose website, but can only find smatterings of Canada Goose here and there - usually a Chilliwack or Expedition, usually in black (e.g. Nordstrom in Chicago). In fact, it's even difficult to find it online. Does anybody know of stores in the USA or Canada that carry a large stock of Canada Goose -...
Jeze, I find it hard enough to find clothes that fit at 33" waist, 40" chest, so you have it that much harder. I hit Chicago last week, tried some stuff on. Here's what I found:CG Chilliwack, Borden, Freestyle Vest - Small fit me best.CG Burnett, Chateau - Med fit me best.Arc'Teryx Kappa - Small fit me best, but med would work.To me, Burnett was the best looking, very clean lines. Chateau was the warmest but I found it strangely constricting around the thighs. Kappa...
Anyone have a quick & easy method for cleaning the white vibrams soles on the Grenson Fred?
Jurre, I think the coat looks fine. The longer the coat is, the warmer it will be. However, if you think it makes you look shorter, then exchange it. It's an expensive purchase, so keep exchanging it until you are happy with something. My only caution would be that IMO, nobody ever looks fabulous in a parka. It's a coat based on function more than fashion.