or Connect

Posts by JamesT

They were shipped from Brooks Brothers. My guess is there was a mix up at Red Wing and nobody at Brooks Brothers ever looked in the box.
So it got a little strange. Turns out I should have looked at the tongue. The pair I received was the J Crew exclusive 4511 (interesting how those shipped out from Brooks Brothers). They are shipped a correct pair to me tomorrow so I guess that's solved that mystery.
Joel, Thanks for your help! I'm actually kinda pleased I received the other sole as it's a nice balance between the two extremes normally found on the IRs. I've only worn them for an hour or two so we will see what happens with the leather. I plan on keeping them but I did email Brooks Brothers to find out why I did get what I got. I'll let everyone know what happens with that.
So I ordered a pair of Red Wings from the Brooks Brothers site (I really wanted the treaded version) and they just showed up. What I received, however, isn't quite what is shown on the site. The boots that showed up have the Beckman sole, have three speed laces, and have a perfectly even finish. I guess I'm fine with it as this sole is sort of a “best of both worlds” design. It's just kind of strange. Has BB changed their design and not updated the images? Did I get...
Am I the only person that hates OCBDs? Regardless, I usually tuck in my dress shirts and I wear jeans 90% of the time. Although, for someone my age, it is context dependent.
It depends on what you want... Gabardine have a bit of a sheen to them and may have seemed like "suit trousers". Flannel is, well, like flannel (usually heavier and has a "looser" feel (for lack of a better word). Twill has a diagonal weave in it (more pronounced than the others.
I buy one or two packs of hanes t-shirts from Target every year or so to wear when I work around the house or work on cars. I can say after abusing them a lot, they hold up very well (don't turn yellow or become transparent). ...and they don't bacon
Quote: Originally Posted by Bentley Just out of curiousity, under what circumstances would one wear a dinner jacket or a smoking jacket? I've never seen a social situation that would ever call for one. When dining and smoking.
Buy Oxford cloth shirts (they aren't all Button down collars) and have them fitted. I have some from Ralph Lauren that have a nice spread collar.
I think this interior is interesting. I really like how there is very little red, other than the carpeting; it's just enough to make it cohesive but doesn't overdo it.