or Connect

Posts by Archibald Longfellow

Sorry - wrong thread
The self appointed sense of smug superiority in your post is nauseating. Here's other possible alternative. Perhaps some of us are simply more interested in a good suit at a good price and don't care if the sites not the most attractive. Instead of heavily photoshopped pictures with perfect bodies wearing suits we are more interested in the suit itself and seeing we have an attention span of more then 15 seconds where you see walls of text we see lots of useful information...
If you werent the worst offender I might take your comment seriously. You have done nothing but write one snide comment after another. You obviously have some sort of beef with simon so how about doing us a favor and ntelling us what he has done to you?
Ouch! Big smackdown by SimonI've read this thread with total amazement at the ignorance displayed. Seriously some of you really need to get over yourselves.Heres my tip for people reading this thread. Read every comment with this thought in mind1. Simon owns a successful suiting business and these self appointed internet marketing experts clearly don't2. The only people, and now that includes me, on this thread who have dealed with Elite Suits have had nothing bad to say...
I think self measuring is a recipe for disaster. However, if you do it right you can successfully buy a great suit online and save yourself a fortune.A few months ago I purchased a suit for $2,300 from an online suit retailer and I now have a stunning suit that fit's me close enough to perfect. rather than attempt to self measure, I took the company's measurement form to a top tailor and had them measure me. It cost me $50 but for my money I got more than just the basic...
I have a double breasted suit I had made in London many years ago that I stil wear every so often. Perhaps I will finally be recognised as the fashion leader that I am
So is my office yet for a lark I wore my tweed suit one Friday. It's a rather colourful tweed and surprisingly the only person who said anything at all was the receptionist who kindly shared with me the fact that she hated it.Not that I'd take any real notice of a 19 year old girl anymore.
Let me play devils advocate and ask are we expecting too much off an on-line suit company selling what are basically cheap suits? What should you expect for a MTM suit for under $400? I'd say that the fact they remain in business means they must be doing an OK job.One of the guys at work has a friend who runs an on-line tailoring company and some of the suits he buys are absolutely beautiful and inspired me to take the plunge and order one for myself, spending far more...
I'll have a go and say that you're a hopeless ironer.Although I must admit I have had two lots of different Egyptian cotton shirts custom made and they are both prone to wrinkle and difficult to iron. The higher grade fabric being the worst.I also had some cheap chinese cotton and silk shirts ciustom made for about a third of the price of the Egyptian cotton ones from an on-line tailor and the only time I iron them is if I have an important meeting. Otherwise I wear them...
I'm sorry but perhaps I don't understand the Indochino system but are you saying you asked for a remake and shortened the crotch (and other measurements) by only a quarter of an inch?Surely I'm missing something here???