or Connect

Posts by LaymanX

Well, the Islay is gorgeous but I'm looking for a cap toe instead.
Quick questions regarding the Coniston for current owners. I've read that the leather on this particular model is 'flimsy' and light. Can anyone care to chime in on that?   Also, I'm looking to use this boot for a spring/fall type of boot since the Toronto winters would probably be too harsh. Would this feasible?   Finally, I'd probably be wearing it with chinos and denim. I've scoured Google Images for fit pics of Conistons + denim but nothing comes up. Would this...
Any idea what the pre-orders from J Gilbert are for 2014? I emailed Yenni a few days ago, but no reply yet.
 Ah.. roger. I think once you get past the basic requirement of full grain unblemished leather, it becomes subjective no? Some people would consider the buttery soft lambskin from ToJ or SLP to be the epitome of quality while others would prefer a hard wearing horse hide. Both could potentially be considered high end leather but share very little in thickness, stiffness, hand feel characteristics. edit: Futuresailors said it way better than me. lol
http://putthison.com/post/25094786416/how-to-examine-quality-in-leather-goods-part-i-i   I think the takeaway from this is that you want full grain leather as opposed to corrected grain, and you want unblemished hides without defects.
Ooh, perfect! Which one would be able to provide a more modern cut? ie. less shoulder padding, higher arm holes, etc etc
Are there any online MTM places that specialize in tweed? Something like Bookster?
 Really hope he holds off closing down taking orders until I receive my jacket (probably some time in 2015 lol) to determine if the fit is good. If the fits good, I'll probably instakop another one. 
Aite, just ordered my first ToJ.. brown calf skin MDR with silver hardware.    Now the wait begins. 
 Yep, ^^^^ what he said.