or Connect

Posts by LaymanX

YMMV, but I just noticed the Barbour Blast jackets at JCrew in Toronto (Eaton Center location) are 40% off $450, so $270.   There was a full range of sizes as of 15 minutes ago. 
Thanks. Could I use Filson Original Oil Finish Wax? They never explicitly state it was meant for their bags. 
Uh.. possibly a stupid question, but do people actually rewax their Filson canvas bags (like the 256)? If so, with what? I have some leftover Barbour thornproof wax from when I did my jacket. Would that work?
Does anyone have a good recommendation for an overcoat in London? Could be RTW or MTM (preferably MTM). Something around $1000-1600 USD range, which probably rules out the Row.    Specifically navy double breasted made from a substantial 100% wool. Looks like most places stock covert coats instead and I already have one of those.   Thanks!
Congrats y'all... Cant wait for the fit pics
Will post pics when I'm back home, but it just looks like a factory fresh Barbour now. When I finished the waxing and before I used the blow dryer, the waxed cotton was slick and looked almost like leather however!
Just finished rewaxing my International. Holy crap my back is killing me It's a serious workout.. Ended up taking 2.5 hours, although the end result is well worth it!
Sorry for the necrobump, but for owners of Russian reindeer leather goods, how has it held up? Does the smell persist and does the leather develop a nice patina?
I wish you guys existed when I ordered my FQHH Highwayman jacket directly from Aero. The wait was brutal... but at least now I got a piece that will likely outlast me!    
For all the accusations of blind sycophancy, nothing will ever beat this