or Connect

Posts by LaymanX

Kopped the jacket. Realized the mannequin only has the third button done up which is why the collar looked off to me. Can't wait to finally end my search for the perfect peacoat!
 Even at 40% off, 400-600 bucks is still not going to get you much at Harry's I would suggest the Hugo Boss outlet in Vaughn Mills, Tom's in Kensington Market, or maybe even the Harry Rosen outlet in Heartland. 
Oh hey, I fully intend to pop the collar. As Peacoat has noted, I just want to avoid oversized collars that would look comical.
Perhaps, but I want to avoid looking like a vampire here I guess. This particular coat is a 1962 USN kersey wool beauty that I've been looking at. About to pull the trigger, but not sure about that collar..
Would the collar on this jacket be too big to pop?
The RMC version seems to be slimmer cut than the BR one.
Definitely navy
Woohoo.. making my first foray into ToJ land. Read about 80% of the posts in this awesome thread, came away with the following conclusions:   i) Trust Charly and do not bug them with incessant emails. ii) Calf and goat skin wear better than lamb after 2-3 years iii) Motos are better for stout figures while DR's are good for leaner figures iv) 4 zips > 2 zips (it helps to break the monotony), silver hardware > antique v) The Tumbler site has all the options available,...
 Yeah.. my buddy wore his shiny Alden shell cordovan Indy's through a Toronto winter. They became dull and lifeless after a while with the salt wreaking havoc on the oils in the shell, and Saphir Reno did nothing to help it. They would shine up briefly and then quickly revert back to the dull look.  So technically speaking they will survive a winter but they will definitely not look very good after. 
I love them on ice actually. Much better than Sorels. The Bean boot has a super thin sole that lets you 'feel' the ice much better than even my sneakers, and also has fantastic traction.